Collusion During DCI Finals Week

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, Jeff Ream said:

yeah finals was brutal

I bought a sweatshirt from SCV cause they were the only ones who still had any available in 92

Edited by bluecoats88

5 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Noticed, too, that the only entrance was through the East door, forcing you to walk the souvie gauntlet to reach the seating portals. 

Yes, well, that's been going on since the beginning.  And that area gets so packed on Finals night that standing in line alone becomes a challenge. 

We do our shopping on Thursday when the pickings are numerous and the fans are not.  Then we go directly to our seats Friday and Saturday moving in the center of the aisles all the way.

I always freeze at LOS so if I am silly enough not to bring something warm to wear, a new corps jacket is acquired.

Finals this year at WGI in Dayton were brutally hot.  Apparently they were in the process of replacing the air conditioning.  WGI handed out cardboard fans to everyone.  That was too much!

5 hours ago, garfield said:

Yes, well, that's been going on since the beginning.  And that area gets so packed on Finals night that standing in line alone becomes a challenge. 

We do our shopping on Thursday when the pickings are numerous and the fans are not.  Then we go directly to our seats Friday and Saturday moving in the center of the aisles all the way.

We do the same thing!  Get there early Thursday and do some major shopping. Also a good time to get all the freebies.  Then we go back to the hotel and drop everything off.  All we have to worry about the rest of the week is getting to our seats. Saturday is still a pain though.  

It use to be nice after finals to shop as well as corps would already be dropping the prices on merchandise.  Online shopping has changed that and now I just order online when they go on clearance.  Usually after the victory run they are already trying to shuffle everyone out of the stadium.  

On 8/13/2019 at 5:27 PM, Jeff Ream said:

yeah finals was brutal

I don’t remember that at all. Of course, I was in uniform and all. (All I really remember is, “And in 8th place...” ) 🙂 

Funny to see this Aug. 2009 thread:

Temperature remains issue in LOS

Though it's about other temperature issues.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:45 AM, Sasha1 said:

I always freeze at LOS so if I am silly enough not to bring something warm to wear, a new corps jacket is acquired 

Been years since at a DCI show but corps jackets for sale? Hoodie and sweatshirts yes but jackets?

39 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They aren’t members jackets.  Just jackets with a corps emblem on them. 

Thanks far as I can remember I’ve never seen what you’ve described but been a few years since at a (DCA) show.

• Like 1