Stop, Start, Change

2 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Thank you, Emily Litella 

Nevermind

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, boxingfred said:
  • CHANGE- There are to many non-judge-able elements in drum corps shows. ( singers, choirs,violins, guitars and all the electronic sounds that are produced ) The judging has to evolve at the same rate as the shows.

Someone please correct me, but wasn't Madison's entry on the field -- while magnificent and a crowd-pleaser -- not judged as the performance hadn't officially started?

Loved it by the way and well as BD's last season. 

(Hi Fred! We missed seeing you this year!)

• Like 2

Stop:  Recorded singing instead of live singing

Start:  Front ensemble includes a Chapman Stick.  (I have a friend who could teach it)

Change:  Go from Randomized start times in groups of three to totally randomized start times.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Someone please correct me, but wasn't Madison's entry on the field -- while magnificent and a crowd-pleaser -- not judged as the performance hadn't officially started? 

Not judged until Tony lowers his hand.  What Madison did was considered pre show I'd say.  The time card starts at 3(?) minutes I believe.

• Thanks 1

Uniforms look silly and unfinished without hats. Please wear hats.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

Electronic issues should be penalized. If the brass ensemble has huge phasing issues or muddy releases, they get penalized. Electronics should be no different.

There should be a Goo penalty.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boxingfred said:
  •  
  • CHANGE- There are to many non-judge-able elements in drum corps shows. ( singers, choirs,violins, guitars and all the electronic sounds that are produced ) The judging has to evolve at the same rate as the shows.

Every single one of those elements is in fact judged/considered so this isn't a change at all. They may not have an individual sheet assigned to them but are covered in music analysis and general effect sheets.