Stop, Start, Change

59 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Exactly the point. Change is good!

As long as it’s change for a reason... some years back I wondered if DCI was changing for the sake of changing and hoping they get it right...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

34 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

What-ever

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

What-ever

And years later... lot of people who like the current changes will gripe about the changes to come. If they are still around....

same as it every was.... same as it ever was...

• Like 4

On 10/12/2019 at 7:56 PM, Den8uml said:

not always

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 4:15 PM, Den8uml said:

You should go back to 1990 via old vhs tapes because you do not want to see 2020 drum corps and that’s ok, but it’s not going to change for you.  

just wishful thinking.  but I bet if someone tried they could design a a competitive show using a lot of these ideas.

• Haha 1

STOP:

Using recorded singing.  If nothing else, this is a violation of the DCI age rules--and I don't know why this has never been brought up.  How do we know the singing wasn't performed by someone over 22?  If it's part of the music ensemble, it should be performed by someone who is within the DCI age rules and performed live in front of us.

START:

Doing a real marketing study to see what the opportunities for growth in popularity of the activity is.  Secure someone who knows what they are doing to write your surveys, which are badly written, in my professional opinion.  In the 70's DCI did the brilliant thing of touring parts of the country that had little exposure to drum corps.  As a result, those parts of the country grew.  Unfortunately, since then, the activity has become more insular and niche.  It calls itself "Marching's Major League", but there is nothing major about its awareness among the general public.

CHANGE:

As others have said, the rules regarding electronics.  I don't know if there is a rule that the sound engineers and mixers who actively work during the performance are subject to the age rules, but if they aren't, they should be.

• Like 5

On 10/14/2019 at 6:05 PM, GUARDLING said:

True BUT it would never look like shows from then

of course not

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...