Hey I like your taste 

Blue Devils 2016

Blue Devils 2017

Blue Devils 2019

Blue Devils 2012

Blue Devils 2007

4 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

The Cavaliers.

For me, it's not even close. I hope they consider keeping it for encores.

I agree but I choose to ignore the fact that it is largely a remix of SCV last year.

- Cavaliers 

- Bluecoats

- Blue Devils

- Pacific Crest (Chinatown)

Those four really stuck out for me.  Also really enjoyed Carolina Crown (musically), Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Mandarins, Crossmen, Spirit of Atlanta, Troopers, Spartans, etc.  Lots of good ones this year.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

I loved BD's ballad this year and very much appreciated the Scouts' One Voice as well. Both were incredibly layered and moving (to this tin ear anyway).

7 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

*Crown - I wold put the musical aspect of this ballad at the top but unfortunately for Crown the visual treatment they layered on top of what should have been a home-run of a ballad makes this the biggest disappointment of the 2019 season. Close your eyes and it's great, watch it and you start to scratch your head at the choices they made. I can't believe how poorly conceived it was visually. It takes a lot of work to screw this up and ###### if the visual staff didn't do just that. Unfortunately for Crown, to be a medalist means having the WHOLE package and they just didn't this year. Sorry Crownies.......

Maybe they made a conscious choice to just let the music speak in that production and let visual take a back seat.  No monkeybars.  No overproduced sound effects. No silly choreography.  Just the music.  Sorry if it offended your design expertise, but it moved me emotionally more than anything else this season.     I know it's shocking, but music -- all on it's own -- can produce far more effect than any prop can hope to.   And sometimes you just need to let it speak.  Congrats to Crown for reminding us.  

Edited by karuna
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, karuna said:

Maybe they made a conscious choice to just let the music speak in that production and let visual take a back seat.  No monkeybars.  No overproduced sound effects. No silly choreography.  Just the music.  Sorry if it offended your design expertise, but it moved me emotionally more than anything else this season.     I know it's shocking, but music -- all on it's own -- can produce far more effect than any prop can hope to.   And sometimes you just need to let it speak.  Congrats to Crown for reminding us.  

If you want to win the Ott and finish 12th that would be the way to approach it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, karuna said:

And yet they finished just out of the medals.  Hmmm...

Just saying, if you want to win titles you do shows that live above any one caption. The sum of the parts can’t be less than the whole.