Favorite Ballad of the Year?

Let's keep crown thread drama in the crown thread. There's plenty to go around in there. Thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

My favorite ballad from a non-finalist 

Seattle Cascades

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Den8uml said:

Ok everyone we get it. If everyone had to chose a corps that they are NOT a homer for then these lists would be VERY different.  Cavies, crown and BD homers especially since you are the ones saying “not even close”... who did you like other than your beloved?! You know who you are.  Show some appreciation for someone else!

nm

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Well, when you have a select few who get on there to post nothing but negative comments, any negative comment is going to be met brash. It only takes one person to ruin it for everyone. We defend our corps just as well as everyone else. 

If you feel it is necessary to “defend” your corps, whatever that is, then you will need to enjoy having conversations only with hard core Crown fans. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, karuna said:

OTOH there's nothing wrong with letting music be an effect. 

As long as twelve people climb up props just beforehand, said the judge.

Meanwhile, three ballads that struck a chord with me right away are:

• SCV
  • Genesis
  • Gold

Disclaimer - these are only momentary personal tastes, not everlasting judgments of quality.  My list will shuffle and grow after post-season listening, I am sure.

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

As long as twelve people climb up props just beforehand, said the judge.

Meanwhile, three ballads that struck a chord with me right away are:

• SCV
  • Genesis
  • Gold

Disclaimer - these are only momentary personal tastes, not everlasting judgments of quality.  My list will shuffle and grow after post-season listening, I am sure.

Yup I often find that what I liked during the season changes a bit in the off-season when I give the show more and more listens. Right now, SCV's and Crown's show are very high on my list of repeat listens, even though I did not give them as much attention during the season

4 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

After listening to the Blue Stars show again, I got to throw in their ballad. Just an awesome show all together.

Their whole show this year has been crazy underrated

• Like 5