Favorite Ballad of the Year?

On 8/12/2019 at 11:02 PM, Cappybara said:

Ballads are easily my favorite part of any drum corps show and this year had some great ones. 

My favorite this year was BD's ballad with the simple yet effective rotating drill and very emotional music. And the snap of the unison sabres is the cherry on the top

Honorable mention goes to the Cavaliers, Blue Stars, and Blue Knights 

Cavaliers 

Carolina Crown

Crossmen

Bluecoats

As many times as I've heard marching units play it before Crown's Gabriel's Oboe struck me as if I was hearing it for the first time...and I was awestruck each of times I heard them play it.       I did comment on another thread after Allentown about how the crowd hushed each time Crown played it. It has a melody line and sacredness that follows me at home and after the show. The ballads of the other corps, as good as they may be, have not struck me the same way. For one, I am getting old and the memory is dimming.  For another the other pieces were unfamiliar to me except for the BOTW (I preferred Academy's rendition.) But only Crown's ballad had me spontaneously gasp, "Beautiful."

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Whatever dude. If you see yourself as connected to the corps and your role is to defend them, good luck with that. Not going to have a lot of people interested in talking with you about anything if you’re going to act like it’s your job, literally, to defend Carolina crown.

Who said it was my job? Everyone defends their own corps, so why are you *****ing to me about it? Lol. Someone needs to calm down. 🤣

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

Who said it was my job? Everyone defends their own corps, so why are you *****ing to me about it? Lol. Someone needs to calm down. 🤣

I don’t have a corps anymore. Both that I marched in have been long disbanded.  I do support a corps nowadays.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t have a corps anymore. Both that I marched in have been long disbanded.  I do support a corps nowadays.  

And you defend them, just like everyone else will defend their favorite. Otherwise this place would be pretty boring.

35 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I'd give alumni a pass in defending THEIR corps since it is in fact THEIRS. Fans that are not alumni however are a different story....I guess you can enter discussions but the incessant need to jump to their defense in every thread here is just a tad bit Single White Female of you. 

I offer this as friendly advice...do with it as you will.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

And you defend them, just like everyone else will defend their favorite. Otherwise this place would be pretty boring.

I don’t believe I’ve had to defend them.  I don’t recall doing so.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

Okay, lets all act innocent. It's whatever, but don't come at me like I'm the only one who does it. I can count at least 10 other people on here who do it who aren't alumni of the corps.

Also, Crown IS my corps, just as the Packers or UK is MY teams.

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Okay, lets all act innocent. It's whatever, but don't come at me like I'm the only one who does it. I can count at least 10 other people on here who do it who aren't alumni of the corps.

Also, Crown IS my corps, just as the Packers or UK is MY teams.

I’m not acting innocent. I’m being honest.  I didn’t even choose Bluecoats ballad as my favorite.  I chose the Cavaliers. 

• Like 2