Question for those who had tech issues with Flo...

5 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I thought I was in a twilight zone.. Trying to listen to BD while two guys where yammering about Williams.. was a test in patience and drowning out the noise.. 

Have any idea if the bowling event was being broadcast live and sent out at the same time as DCI Finals?  Might be something to learn there.

Just now, Prtzdle said:

I kept trying to go out and back in, switch between camera feeds, anything, but to no avail!!! Very frustrating!! Then all of a sudden when Dennis and Lindsey came on for the awards ceremony.......BOOM......crystal clear video and audio. It was like someone saw a switch  and clicked it lol 

what gets me is the awards are broadcast live over several social media outlets and had ZERO issues!! 

I switched to the YOutube Broadcast of Finals because I could trust that Youtube would'nt be going through the same issues as FLO.. 

1 minute ago, Fred Windish said:

Have any idea if the bowling event was being broadcast live and sent out at the same time as DCI Finals?  Might be something to learn there.

No the Bowling event was a Trailer for the PBA event, It would play as soon as soon as you opened the Flo Sports App.. So everytime the APP crashed and kicked me out to the Main Fire Stick Screen, Once you open the FloSports app again the PBA commentary would automatically start playing.. And sometimes not stop once you started the DCI stream..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prtzdle said:

I have done the HDMI laptop to tv for the past several years. I found the picture quality to not always be what I wanted, but it was serviceable and enjoyable.

This year I purchased the Amazon Fire Stick 4K and got the Flosports app. I found that to be the best Flo "experience" since Flo has been involved. That, obviously, came to a crashing halt Saturday night. I had lag issues with Phantom, but it corrected and all was fine for corps 11 thru 5......here is the weird part for me...I was watching the Multi Cam feed and during the Cavies show, switched to High Cam......MISTAKE!!!! that seemed to set the roller coaster into motion for getting kicked out of DCI Finals. Several reoccurring error messages, that to be honest, once I clicked "OK" and then back into the event, worked quickly. I would only miss a few seconds of performance. Did this all the way thru Bloooo's show. During Blue Devils, I was constantly kicked back to the app's main screen and the audio from the PBA (yes, that Williams guy lol), serveral tries to get back into DCI had both the bowling and DCI audio and sometimes no audio....CRAZY!! 

I have standard Xfinity 150 internet with their router and it is only 10 feet away from my TV/Fire Stick...which works flawlessly with any other app I stream content thru, including Flo up until Saturday night!!   

This was my experience as well.  FLO app via Fire Stick.  I didn't experience many issues prior to Finals that appeared to be the result of the Flo App.

- FloSports app on Apple TV 4K 

- AT&T Fiber 1000/1000

- Connected via CAT6 Ethernet

Literally couldn’t have a better setup in a household. Fastest consumer Internet available with the highest quality equipment.

Constant “Error” crashes all throughout finals. Multiple times per show. Became especially bad during Bluecoats and BD. Was also ###### that it error’d the split second before SCV’s cymbal V and viper.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• CPU: Intel i7-7800k overclocked to 5.0GHz
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti Graphics Card
  • Memory: 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
  • Comcast Gigabit wired internet connection (1,000Mbps)
  • Google Chrome and Firefox

My machine is very overpowered, and my internet connection is one of the faster services out there.  I have had absolutely no issues with Flo all season at the highest resolutions, but at finals, the first half of the show was constantly buffering.

Edited by Musicman1084

5 hours ago, DCI-DadJokes said:

Flo Sports App via Apple TV 4K, HDMI into Denon 7.2 AV Receiver, HDMI into 65" Vizio M-Series 4K. 5mghz wireless from Motorola Router. 158 mbps avg on speed tests through the evening. No issues until Cavies. Then started getting the error below. Hit menu button, choose high cam or multi-cam option and it was right back. Happened every 15-30 seconds through out the entire last 4 corps and retreat. 

48527758002_27ec444d43_m.jpg

This was my exact scenario and error message as well.  I've sent several messages to the FloSports contact info and tech support with no response beyond "we're sorry and are checking into it".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

- FloSports app on Apple TV 4K 

- AT&T Fiber 1000/1000

- Connected via CAT6 Ethernet

Literally couldn’t have a better setup in a household. Fastest consumer Internet available with the highest quality equipment.

Constant “Error” crashes all throughout finals. Multiple times per show. Became especially bad during Bluecoats and BD. Was also ###### that it error’d the split second before SCV’s cymbal V and viper.

Same here. Once we hit Bluecoats the app crashed over and over again. Usually couldn’t even get screen to show the corps but when it did it was frozen with a slow slow loading icon that never resolved. I literally saw not one second of Blue Devils.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, as much as flo may like to still try the 'its a problem on your end' thing, it isnt 2005 anymore. Most of us have multiple streaming services, so we know whether or not our setup can handle streaming flawlessly or not. If every other service works, but Flo goes down repeatedly, its a Flo issue one way or another. 

And yeah, i saw repeated drops from Flo. Multiple times during the same shows. 

• Like 2