Show concepts for 2020

I want to hear Crown play Hans Zimmer “This Land” from the Lion King. Any show concept will do. 

I also want to hear BD playing some of The Incredibles, which is really some pretty awesome music. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Has anyone done a Drum Corps show about Drum Corps?  Maybe an homage alluding (NOT duplicating) great shows of the past. 

When I saw the thread title about Boston's 80 years in 2020, my first show title thought was "Old School".  But, I don't think they're interested in that theme.  That's not to say another corps couldn't  do what you're suggesting.  Loads of great snippets and drill available.

If you listen to 1990 PR, they play short hits of music from several other corps.

Edited by Ghost
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Has anyone done a Drum Corps show about Drum Corps?  Maybe an homage alluding (NOT duplicating) great shows of the past.

OK -- if you want to kill off the DM at the end, I'll buy that. But you gotta have "Tinkerbell" from Crown's "Grass Is Always Greener" do it.

Still no drum corps show about drum corps to my knowledge. I think that makes it the only one of the "big three" circuits in the marching arts that hasn't had one.

Blue Knights Indoor Percussion circa ~2001 did a show called "In the Lot" and was essentially them pulling into a drum corps show, setting up, warming up, and running a show chunk as their closer.

Westfield HS won BOA in 2003 with their show "Because We Are..." which started with the quote "This is a show about being in band."

3 hours ago, kkrepps said:

If I could field a non-competitive exhibition Corps I'd like to design a show that little kids would love with songs like banana dance, tooty-ta, and of course baby shark. Parents would love this too, because they dont hear enough of it. 

Baaaaaaby Shark, doo-doo-do-do-doo-doo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr.Mickey said:

I want to hear Crown play Hans Zimmer “This Land” from the Lion King. Any show concept will do. 

I also want to hear BD playing some of The Incredibles, which is really some pretty awesome music. 

Anytime The Incredibles is on TV, I'll stop and watch -- just for the incredible music. 

Not sure what music you would pair with it, but a show at least with a visual concept based on the art and life of Yayoi Kusama. With her fascination with polka dots and her infinity mirrored rooms...….I could see a few corps doing this.....BK comes to mind

Edited by Forevergreen
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Still no drum corps show about drum corps to my knowledge. I think that makes it the only one of the "big three" circuits in the marching arts that hasn't had one.

Blue Knights Indoor Percussion circa ~2001 did a show called "In the Lot" and was essentially them pulling into a drum corps show, setting up, warming up, and running a show chunk as their closer.

Westfield HS won BOA in 2003 with their show "Because We Are..." which started with the quote "This is a show about being in band."

Baaaaaaby Shark, doo-doo-do-do-doo-doo!

I could see a Corps doing "A Day In The Life" -- following their typical show day thru music. Everyone wakes up and goes thru the line (at the Pit) for breakfast.  You could "rewind" reps during "rehearsal" (somebody did that a while ago), show the lot (drum break and brass feature), and the closer would be, of course, their performance.

Free for the asking -- just give me and @Musicman1084 a credit in the DCI Annual. 

• Like 1

So, given all that has happened with the Cadets the past few years, I would love to see a show about becoming a Cadet (or any corps for that matter).  Essentially follows the process of auditioning and doing all of the hard work to make a corps.  In the case of the Cadets, it culminates with wearing the maroon and gold with an actual shako.  I imagine a big company front at the end to What I did for love.  Everything leading up to the end can be as modern as you like, but the end would be intentionally old school.  Anyway, just a thought.

• Like 2