Show concepts for 2020

I thought about this concept while watching retreat Saturday. A show that paid homage to some of the most iconic songs from say 5-6 corps, complete with uniform changes that represent said corps. I wouldn't even know where to start but guaranteed it wouldn't take long to put together one heck of an audience pleasing show. Simply titled, A Drum Corps Tribute. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

How ‘bout .. . 

Go With the Flo !

Any of our Finalist Corps does their usual outstanding performance but, half-way through,  STOPS  abruptly and walks off the field. Leaving the entire audience screaming and shaking their fists !

And brass tears are expected and should be judged as part of the show. There will often be drill in complete silence. There will be the obligatory fly over fabric lettered "Please Wait.  Resetting your connection." while the Corps plays underneath. This, of course, happens frequently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Someone should do a show called 'Public Domain' - where all the music rights are in, well, the public domain so there are no issues with copyright, etc.

Would this just be a show with the Birthday Song, Take Me Out to the Ballgame, and a bunch of Sousa marches? 

5 hours ago, Dr.Mickey said:

I want to hear Crown play Hans Zimmer “This Land” from the Lion King. Any show concept will do. 

I also want to hear BD playing some of The Incredibles, which is really some pretty awesome music. 

Michael Giacchino stuff would be awesome! I could totally hear BD playing his stuff. As a front ensemble guy myself, I'd personally love to play Michael Giacchino's stuff (especially his xylophone parts). 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

And brass tears are expected and should be judged as part of the show. There will often be drill in complete silence. There will be the obligatory fly over fabric lettered "Please Wait.  Resetting your connection." while the Corps plays underneath. This, of course, happens frequently. 

Perhaps a Rocket Mortgage "commercial" or two (or seven). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

How ‘bout .. . 

Go With the Flo !

Any of our Finalist Corps does their usual outstanding performance but, half-way through,  STOPS  abruptly and walks off the field. Leaving the entire audience screaming and shaking their fists !

46 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

34 minutes ago, Rylan said:

Michael Giacchino stuff would be awesome! I could totally hear BD playing his stuff. As a front ensemble guy myself, I'd personally love to play Michael Giacchino's stuff (especially his xylophone parts). 

Crown played his theme from "LOST" in their space show. Probably my favorite thing they did that year

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rylan said:

Of course!  Extra GE!  Thx!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Song Selection...

When Doves Cry

Little Red Corvette

Kiss

Raspberry Baret

Purple Rain

Lets Go Crazy

“Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today 

To get through this thing called life