Show concepts for 2020

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

would the general audience know it, or just the under-30s? All I know about him is that he liked Purple and died in Minn.

Absolutely the general audience would know it! His catalogue of stuff he wrote for others and himself is pretty sick. Well known hits! Just open the show with the organ chord from the opening of “Let’s Go Crazy”.......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

Absolutely the general audience would know it! His catalogue of stuff he wrote for others and himself is pretty sick. Well known hits! Just open the show with the organ chord from the opening of “Let’s Go Crazy”.......

OOh another chance to pimp my reps idea...i really do want to see this....

A show that started with "Dearly Beloved......" could hype all it wanted.

Alright reps:

Let's Go Crazy {Preshow...Drum majors, is your corps ready?  organ glissando, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called....life". DCI is proud to present, the Bluecoats! [music begins])
Sexy MF (with percussion features worked in)
Purple Rain (power ballad)
[1! 2! 1! 2!  3! 4!] Raspberry Beret/Litte Red Corvette meledy/mashup 

Purple Rain snippets tie it throughout.  

Adding more to this....guard HAS to have a big moment in heels.  

Edit: doesn't have to be Bloo...

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

OOh another chance to pimp my reps idea...i really do want to see this....

Alright reps:

Let's Go Crazy {Preshow...Drum majors, is your corps ready?  organ glissando, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called....life". DCI is proud to present, the Bluecoats! [music begins])

You could also get kind of esoteric and make it into a ghost story by working in Toni Morrison’s Beloved. 

23 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

You could also get kind of esoteric and make it into a ghost story by working in Toni Morrison’s Beloved. 

Nah.  Needs to be a party show.

• Like 1

But seriously.  I want this show.  My mind's ear can already hear the hype of the mashup.  "...a raspberry bere....liiitle red corvette!"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh another chance to pimp my reps idea...i really do want to see this....

Alright reps:

Oooooooh I like you!!!!!!!!!😂😂😂 This really has some legs!!!!!! A GREAT ballad also is “Sometimes It Snows In April”! “Controversy” could be another hit! I like the esoteric suggestion of mashing it with Toni Morrison’s “Beloved”. The uniform selections could be OUTRAGEOUS!!! (All except the heels, probably wouldn’t match too well!) Remember, he wrote “Manic Monday”, “Nothing Compares 2 U”, and “I Feel For You”! This could really be a thing......

39 minutes ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

Oooooooh I like you!!!!!!!!!😂😂😂 This really has some legs!!!!!! A GREAT ballad also is “Sometimes It Snows In April”! “Controversy” could be another hit! I like the esoteric suggestion of mashing it with Toni Morrison’s “Beloved”. The uniform selections could be OUTRAGEOUS!!! (All except the heels, probably wouldn’t match too well!) Remember, he wrote “Manic Monday”, “Nothing Compares 2 U”, and “I Feel For You”! This could really be a thing......

I would be very surprised if any Prince music was allowed to be played.  His music is very protected.  Think John Williams and then some.  I said it before, he had a rider in his contract that required a laptop computer be set up in his dressing room so he could look for anyone violating copyrights to his music and would immediately have a cease and desist order issued to the offender/s.  Too bad really because he has a TON of music.  Supposedly a lot he has never recorded for albums.