Show concepts for 2020

On 9/8/2019 at 2:57 PM, xandandl said:

P.C. might do a Salute to Cali corps show, perhaps called Tarzania. Borrow Mandies bungee cords to swing from SCV's firehouse poles, Tarzan and Jane need only wear the grey castaways from 2019, and she can swing her locks like BDCG. On djemn drums, the front ensemble can lead us into Africa with the low brass allowing the re-do of Blue Rock's Baby Elephant Walk. Now if only Blue Stars head West in 2020, they might also lend Mt. Kilimanjaro to complete the motif. 

Heard a Sammy Davis, Jr. recording several years ago of Mel Torme's "California Suite." Great stuff. Wondered if BD could/would ever take that on.

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don’t laugh but I’ve always wanted a Motown show. 

I’m not laughing ... I think it would be awesome!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Man, I listened to so much Marvin, Gladys, and Smokey when I was a kid that I wore those 45’s out.  

45’s! Now you are really showing your (our) age!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Crank that victrola! 

My paternal grandfather sold those for Columbia and opened the Pacific Rim for them.  My father's family lived in Shanghai, China for 4 years but were recalled to the US when WWI broke out; my aunt Mary was born there.

We had several in the house with rooms full of the old wax records in many different colors.

• Like 1