Semis interview question: Was it that bad?

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Why does there have to be a purpose (aka ulterior motive)? Speak off the cuff enough, law of averages something dumb is going to come out.

Or in my case, when I  speak off the cuff, the law of averages catches up to me and I say something smart! 

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Why does there have to be a purpose (aka ulterior motive)? Speak off the cuff enough, law of averages something dumb is going to come out.

Maybe if part of his job is doing these interviews he shouldn't be speaking off the cuff while doing them?

41 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

Maybe if part of his job is doing these interviews he shouldn't be speaking off the cuff while doing them?

Which brings up the question of prep work for the interviews or with everything else going on that week should he use that time for other things and have someone else interview. Or at least talk to Corps members off the media...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

57 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Or in my case, when I  speak off the cuff, the law of averages catches up to me and I say something smart! 

Working help(less) desk duties dealing with the ships until I retire and also turning over what I know. Amazing how many ways there are to put it in writing and #### it up....

”well I know what I meant when I typed it...”😫

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

So, I don't mean to beat a dead horse on this discussion, and I understand he's apologized and apology has been accepted, etc

But, that question didn't come out of nowhere. It was in his mind. Either he personally felt that this was a topic worth asking about, or he heard there was a buzz about this, or maybe he himself thought that they should have an asterisk.

I don't follow Open Class discussions, but was this even mentioned anywhere? Or did he invent this 'controversy'?

Not trying to overanalyze, just curious if there was truly a buzz about this.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, billj said:

I don't follow Open Class discussions, but was this even mentioned anywhere? Or did he invent this 'controversy'?

Not trying to overanalyze, just curious if there was truly a buzz about this.

Nope!

It was all a surprise to everyone when the two previous top corps didn't show up last Tuesday at the retreat, wasn't time to think or talk about the ramifications. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Nope!

It was all a surprise to everyone when the two previous top corps didn't show up last Tuesday at the retreat, wasn't time to think or talk about the ramifications. 

Ok here's the best example I can think of, and sorry if my years are wrong... In 1994 did anyone question Devil's championship because Star folded and wasn't there?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Good thing it was pouring rain at 1972 retreat, preventing the Kingsmen DM from being asked if the absence of Blue Rock, Sac and BAC was asterisk-worthy.

So how does it feel not winning a real championship like VFW or AL 😆

• Haha 1