Let's see some drum corps analysis like this.

I found this multi-part explanation by a gymnastics fan about the difficulty of Simone Biles's recent triple-double to be super helpful, and I wish there was more commentary of this sort in drum corps fandom -- complete with gifs (or short audio clips). Scroll all the way through and you'll also find a poignant reminder of a parallel between the recent histories of drum corps and gymnastics.

(Some individual corps' own videos do provide a little analysis of this sort, but one thing I liked about that thread was how video of Biles was compared to video of other gymnasts, which obviously the corps will not do.)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I found this multi-part explanation by a gymnastics fan about the difficulty of Simone Biles's recent triple-double to be super helpful, and I wish there was more commentary of this sort in drum corps fandom -- complete with gifs (or short audio clips). Scroll all the way through and you'll also find a poignant reminder of a parallel between the recent histories of drum corps and gymnastics.

(Some individual corps' own videos do provide a little analysis of this sort, but one thing I liked about that thread was how video of Biles was compared to video of other gymnasts, which obviously the corps will not do.)

Just looking at these examples made me hurt.

• Haha 1