Sharing FB posts -- something changed?

Using DCP in Safari/iPhone.

I've noticed recently (oh -- past several weeks) when I paste a link to a FB post/article, it's not expanded like previously.

Previously, it would expand to a picture of the page. You could click on it and go to the original post.

Now it just gives you the title text. It may provide a link, but I haven't got anything to work or it just goes to the "home" page of the group that made the post.

I tried the following link in a text msg and it expanded as it used to do here on DCP.  So, I don't think FB changed, but can't be sure. 

Let me know if you need more info. Thx!

On my Desktop in Chrome, I can see the full FB page, so I guess the problem is only on viewing DCP on Safari/iPhone.

I have just applied the most recent update to the system, now that things have settled down a bit.  

Let's see if the update resolves the issues you've experienced .... otherwise, I'll have to report the issue.

Thanks

-john

38 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I have just applied the most recent update to the system, now that things have settled down a bit.  

Let's see if the update resolves the issues you've experienced .... otherwise, I'll have to report the issue.

Thanks

-john

Actually -- it's me.  A while back I added Firefox Focus as a content blocker to Safari to block those pop up ads which cannot be closed.  While that appears to be working well, it also appears to be messing with some embedded content. When I temporarily disabled it, I can see the above link like I used to.

I will see if there is a setting where I can whitelist some sites. Otherwise, I'll live with it.

Thanks!

• Like 1