Woodbridge, NJ, Show... August 17

Nice show coming up Saturday,  as the DCA corps head for the home stretch.

Woodbridge, NJ... sponsored by the Bushwackers.

The final head-to-head matchup before Labor Day weekend  between the Buccaneers and the Caballeros. We'll see if Cabs can close the gap a bit. And a "chase pack" matchup of Bushwackers, White Sabers, and Fusion Core. Who will break out of that pack?

Plus Al Chez and his Brothers of Funk in pre-show exhibition... along with the pre-show introduction of the 2019 Buglers Hall of Fame inductees. And a closing exhibition by the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni corps.

Some guy from Baltimore is covering the show for Drum Corps World. :ninja: Putting down the microphone and picking up a pen. :tongue: Hope to catch up a bit with some folks Saturday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kind of a "homecoming" show for me. I grew up in Edison, the township next door to Woodbridge.

Several good diners nearby for after-show eats.  LOL.

• Like 1

if anyone happens to see Al Chez while there this wknd, mention that his group is getting a LOT of airplay on local jazz station, probably cuz they were here at the Roch Intl Jazz Fest earlier this summer. Unfortunately, the keep pronouncing his name "Shay" (as in French). tried to get a hold of them, but don't think there's anyone there often; most of the play seems to be auto, pre-recorded

----------------------------------

edit - correction. just tried to call after posting this and finally got a hold of someone there. hope they correct their on-air pronunciation

Edited by dbriggs
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Kind of a "homecoming" show for me. I grew up in Edison, the township next door to Woodbridge.

Sigh. Nothing like a Jersey diner.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Sigh. Nothing like a Jersey diner.

I agree. Fortunate to have grown up there. And to have frequented many diners, many times.  :laughing:

The Reo in Woodbridge, right down the road from the show site... the Edison Diner about 15-20 minutes south of there.... two good ones. I'm sure we'll end up at one of 'em after the show.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 1:28 PM, Fran Haring said:

I'll be hitting Jose Tejas for sure.

9 hours ago, frachel said:

I'll be hitting Jose Tejas for sure.

Call ahead for seating if you can. LOL. The wait can be brutal there.

17 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Call ahead for seating if you can. LOL. The wait can be brutal there.

They don't do reservations 😞

On 8/14/2019 at 6:23 PM, Fran Haring said:

I agree. Fortunate to have grown up there. And to have frequented many diners, many times.  :laughing:

The Reo in Woodbridge, right down the road from the show site... the Edison Diner about 15-20 minutes south of there.... two good ones. I'm sure we'll end up at one of 'em after the show.

Believe or not where i live now their idea of a good diner is Denny's....😝🤬

• Haha 1