Woodbridge, NJ, Show... August 17

Per DCA's website:

Buccaneers
Caballeros
Bushwackers
Fusion Core
White Sabers

Bucs first in everything but guard, which Cabs nabbed.

Cabs second in everything else but percussion, which Bush edged them out.

Scores seem low for two weeks out? Feels like most years Bucs are getting in the range of 93+ by this point.

HUGE gap between 2nd and 3rd. Good to see Bush in there though. Those scores do seem a little low for two weeks out but since you can't get scores from anything but championships on the DCA website it's hard to say. My memory is absolute garbage now. I will say that the caption scores for percussion seem VERY high across the board. Low to mid 80's in the bottom half and low to mid 90's in the top 3. Maybe everyone just has absolutely #### clean lines this year. 

Overall, a good night in Woodbridge. I'm getting used to the vantage point from the stands. LOL. 

I thought at least one point spread should have been tighter, and another point spread should have been considerably wider.

Which was which... I'll keep that to myself. :tongue:

Reading appeared to have no noticeable flaws. They came across as very purposeful. Lots of detailing in every phrase. Had a slight issue with sound reinforcement of french horn in opener, was fine in ballad. Technically the brass and percussion are leaps and bounds above everyone else.

Hawthorne's first 2 minutes were electric. The show lost energy and engagement after the Mambo/Mozart production until the closer. Not sure about the transition to the coda but the last move was very effective. The whole corps moves very well and the music ensemble works well together. 

Bushwackers have filled a lot of holes and it showed (both positively and negatively). Drum line was strong and had a consistent presence. Right now the brass are struggling with finishing phrases and lack trumpet voice. Guard is good and the costumes do a good job enhancing theme.

Fusion's show works well conceptually. The brass need to take command of the opener. Right now it goes nowhere. Guard was much better than in Kingston and Clifton. Percussion is under rated.

White Sabres really need to get the color guard up to speed, it may be the achilles heel that keeps them 6th Percussion was strong. Brass seemed to be shouting at all times.  Also, please learn to make a 7.....

Good crowd, nice to see Al Chez honor the Buglers Hall of Fame inductees.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

HUGE gap between 2nd and 3rd. Good to see Bush in there though. Those scores do seem a little low for two weeks out but since you can't get scores from anything but championships on the DCA website it's hard to say. My memory is absolute garbage now. I will say that the caption scores for percussion seem VERY high across the board. Low to mid 80's in the bottom half and low to mid 90's in the top 3. Maybe everyone just has absolutely #### clean lines this year. 

Just a reminder for those who don't know about these resources:

http://www.fromthepressbox2.com/dca-dcihistory.html

http://www.dcxmuseum.org/index.cfm?roomid=1310&view=decade&option=2010

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

There is also the "historical scores" section on the DCA website. 

On 8/18/2019 at 7:42 AM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Try drum corps museum.. dcxmuseum.org for scores. Seemed up to date last week

edit see it was replied to by NE. I need to see all replies before I post D’OH

Edited by JimF-LowBari