What is your personal enjoyment rankings for 2019?

2 hours ago, onionhead said:

BOSTON

SPIRIT

MADISON

CROSSMAN

MUSIC CITY

PHANTOM 

BLUE STARS

BLOO

PACIFIC CREST

HOT DOG 

HOT DOG

HOT DOG

I just wanted to correct my answer, there were no hot dog Corps. !!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, onionhead said:

I just wanted to correct my answer, there were no hot dog Corps. !!

That is a crazy unique list!

• Like 2

1.  BD - Because I absolutely LOVE high-concept shows and this was classically one of them. One of the many things (subject matters) in the world that I wouldn't have known about had it not been for this show. BD seems to do this a lot and I really love it when they challenge me mentally. Also, whenever I watched this show this season, I would be surprised by how fast the 12 minutes would go by.

2. Cavaliers - My alumni corps. This show felt very on-brand and I just loved the passion put into this show. 

3. SCV - Lots of hiccups this year in regards to visual and design but I just love hearing their musical arrangements. I'm also a sucker for a dominant mello line. 

4. Bluecoats - I'm not a Beatles fan but I really loved the unique musical arrangements. Though, "Hey Jude" was just a little too pander-ey for my taste. Also, visually, I thought their field was a little too busy. But still enjoyed the show very much. 

5. BAC - I've always enjoyed their guard and it's a pleasure to watch them. 

6. Blue Knights - I love how cinematic in nature their shows are. This one is no exception. 

7. Mandarins - I loved their trumpet feature! I've really been increasingly impressed with their hornline. 

8. Crown - Great hornline as usual. Didn't connect with this show as much but I loved their ballad!

• Like 4

On 8/16/2019 at 9:29 AM, MikeRapp said:

1. Bluecoats (despite not being a Beatles fan at all, it’s another 12 minutes of drum corps design perfection)

2. Cavaliers (costumes, brass performances, and the ballad)

3. SCV (only because of the music—did not like the concept or the staging)

4. Knights (awesome percussion and brass books)

5. Blue Stars (amazing show from end zone to end zone, weird concept that doesn’t really work but I respect their effort)

6. Crown (brass performances are worth the price of admission, but still a head scratcher as far as design concept and visual)

7. Boston ( I just enjoy seeing them climb the ladder)

8. Mandarins (a total commitment to mood and concept)

9. Pacific Crest (made the most of their talent, second best ballad of the season)

10. Blue Devils (technical excellence, best use of props by a mile, interesting concept, sticking to their knitting from a design standpoint—just still feel disconnected from their performances—sterile)

10. Colts (really strong brass line and switching uniforms was cool—but worn out with the hell concepts in DCI)

Edited by BozzlyB
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Is it ok that I didn't see much that I liked this year? Just hit 50, maybe that's the point where you're set in your ways?

Not true for this 61 year old.

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Not true for this 61 year old.

I don't think it's true for me either, rather a fork in the road. 2018 "Babylon" was my 100% perfection show, so I'm not trying to live in the past of the 80's or 90's.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Is it ok that I didn't see much that I liked this year? Just hit 50, maybe that's the point where you're set in your ways?

I’m almost 50 and thought this was the best year from top bottom we’ve had in a very long time. Don’t think it’s age more so personal preferences.

• Like 4