2020 Blooooooooocoats!

25 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Curious if "mad scientists" and "no drama" were meant to be hints as to what Bluecoats were planning for 2020.

Lol! You’ll have to wait a year to find out!

off topic posts removed.  we can all appreciate the Bluecoats position statement as well as similar statements of other corps.  we just can't use them to open the door for political discussion.   the situation is evolving and we'll certainly evaluate on an ongoing basis, but for now we'll stick to the community guidelines.  thanks!

6 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I agree, 100%

Moi aussi, at least 90%. And in the interest of staying on topic, I'll just say that it might be fun if Bluecoats or some other corps, taking a cue from Boston's use of "My Shot" from Hamilton last year, included "You'll Be Back" in a future production.

Although if JL's "mad scientists" and "no drama" really were hints about what Bloo was prepearing, I'm not sure this excellent song would fit.

A couple years ago, I saw a marching band mashup that song and "The Battle of Yorktown," with two different conductors like a Charles Ives peice. it was a bit beyond their reach, but it still worked. 

By contrast, I also just listened to the title and end credit themes from the TV show Designated Survivor, and I think they're pretty bland. Not worth Bluecoats or any other corps doing. (I've never seen that show; is it any good?) There was a blurry still image form that show circulating widely over the past 24 hours, which is why I looked up the music. But that's a topic more befitting a discussion of Cavaliers' 2016 show, probably, than of anything Bluecoats have done or plan to do.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Lol! You’ll have to wait a year to find out!

I'm on pins and needles.

No wait, that was Minnesota Brass's final show.

• Haha 2

On an unrelated note: I’m not sure if this has ever been brought up before but can anyone else TOTALLY imagine Bloo playing this? And the Huntertones are from Ohio! 

6 hours ago, JohnZ said:

off topic posts removed.  we can all appreciate the Bluecoats position statement as well as similar statements of other corps.  we just can't use them to open the door for political discussion.   the situation is evolving and we'll certainly evaluate on an ongoing basis, but for now we'll stick to the community guidelines.  thanks!

I'm sorry that I was commenting on the Bluecoats statement on the Bluecoats thread. I now realize that my comment was off topic to the Bluecoats. Thank so much for pointing out my error!