Phantom Regiment 2020

Because we've needed a new thread for all the Phans (and other DCPers) to talk about what needs to be improved for next year.

Last year showed a lot of heart and hard work from the members, putting energy and life into a show that a lesser corps couldn't do much with. Hopefully soon the design team will give the corps a chance to shine along with the show, not in spite of it. 

• Like 1

I hope this thread remains positive and constructive.  The glass is half full in Rockford.

150 members of Phantom 2019 showed us how hard work pays off.  Over 100 were veterans. The corps needs these young people back next year to continue the corps' improvement.

I'm glad Will Pitts is back.  I hope he is allowed to concentrate on brass and that Phantom hires a new show coordinator as well as some new visual people for 2020.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I'm glad Will Pitts is back.  

We actually don't know this, and neither does he (so I'm told). We just know that he's not resigning.

He may indeed return, but the board has reportedly not made that decision yet.

• Like 2

I'm proud of what the MM's, volunteers and staff did this year. My hope is that they continue to grow and make positive change moving forward and that the corps accepts the help of volunteers and vets a little more openly this coming season. I do understand though that the feedback and suggestions given need to be positive and framed in such a way that they are constructive criticism's with actual PLANS to institute change and not the cringe-worthy rants/demands of people who clearly just want what they want. I do hope Will Pitts comes back in a capacity that he can be fully successful at. I truly believe this year, he was out of his element. Whether he asked for that additional responsibility or it was dropped in his lap is of no concern now as long as something was learned. 

I'm not on the inside of PR as I am not a vet so all I can do is sit back and watch and remain openly positive and supportive as I did this past season. 

• Like 1