Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Lest it seem like I'm picking on the Bucs, I should be clear that I absolutely think that, based on their performances, I absolutely think they deserved their championships (except in 2014 where I thought Cabs, setting aside the penalty, were better), and I have very much enjoyed most of their shows.

Saw Bucs at the Scranton show where their “Breaking Through” show started breaking through.  They should have won in Scranton and every show after that.  By prelims/finals there was no program in the same zip code.  One of best finals performances I have ever seen!

15 minutes ago, VOReason said:

Saw Bucs at the Scranton show where their “Breaking Through” show started breaking through.  They should have won in Scranton and every show after that.  By prelims/finals there was no program in the same zip code.  One of best finals performances I have ever seen!

The design was very bold.

Edit:

That said, during/after the Cabs' performance in Prelims, but before the scores were announced, these were the comments here:

Kamarag: "Cabs are staking a claim on the high brass trophy. Wow."

C.Holland: "Felt good from here."

xandandl: "I guess the Bucs stop here?"

Jeff Ream: "Cabs take it."

kevingamin: "I don't see Reading or anyone else beating this today."

This doesn't mean you're wrong! Just that the apparent consensus here was also the consensus of the judges that day.

(Or almost. Because I think nobody here thought that Bucs would place third, which is what happened.)

Mind you, many of the same people, after watching Finals the next day both live and on the stream, said Cabs had won that night too.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

But DCI doesn't have that "unique" "Communication" caption that is so distinctively DCA.

In a perfect world, sure... that caption works.

Then again, in my perfect world, Rutgers ends up in the College Football Playoff sometime before the Year 3000.  :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

2 hours ago, VOReason said:

I think there were two programs easily in the same zip code. Performance of those programs is a different story.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The design was very bold.

Edit:

That said, during/after the Cabs' performance in Prelims, but before the scores were announced, these were the comments here:

Kamarag: "Cabs are staking a claim on the high brass trophy. Wow."

C.Holland: "Felt good from here."

xandandl: "I guess the Bucs stop here?"

Jeff Ream: "Cabs take it."

kevingamin: "I don't see Reading or anyone else beating this today."

This doesn't mean you're wrong! Just that the apparent consensus here was also the consensus of the judges that day.

(Or almost. Because I think nobody here thought that Bucs would place third, which is what happened.)

Mind you, many of the same people, after watching Finals the next day both live and on the stream, said Cabs had won that night too.

Well..if Kamarag, C. Holland,, xandandl, Jeff Ream, and kevingamin thought Cabs should have won, I guess that I stand corrected!  LMAO!!  Might I suggest that you and the aforementioned folks go back and give it a second look.  5 years removed from the “anybody but Reading” hype may provide a slightly different perspective.

Just now, VOReason said:

Well..if Kamarag, C. Holland,, xandandl, Jeff Ream, and kevingamin thought Cabs should have won, I guess that I stand corrected!  LMAO!!  Might I suggest that you and the aforementioned folks go back and give it a second look.  5 years removed from the “anybody but Reading” hype may provide a slightly different perspective.

Can't speak for the others, but it wouldn't be a second look for me, as I must have watched video of that show at least 20 times since 2014.

9 minutes ago, VOReason said:

And you do tend to tilt just a tad toward the "Bucs and never anyone else, ever" side. :tongue:

That was an interesting night in '14, to say the least.  LOL. I'll keep my perspective from the press box, as to who won or lost, to myself. :laughing:

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

That's "un-American."  No school until the Tuesday AFTER Labor Day, for students or teachers.  The way it used to be before NCAAFB and ESPN changed everything.

That #### Crimson Tide. All their fault. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

38 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

And you do tend to tilt just a tad toward the "Bucs and never anyone else, ever" side. :tongue:

That was an interesting night in '14, to say the least.  LOL. I'll keep my perspective from the press box, as to who won or lost, to myself. :laughing:

For the record, I certainly saw the 2016 championships as close as the score indicated, however I came away from the performances clearly feeling that C2 was the deserving champion!  And in 2011, I felt that MBI performed the snot out of their program, while Reading seemed to finish the season a tad stale.  That being said, I never thought that the margin of the win would be found in the visual caption.  But back on topic, the health of this circuit is clearly influenced by the age of audience, conflicting entertainment choices, etc., however the complete, almost total lack of parity has been glaring since 2005!

4 minutes ago, VOReason said:

For the record, I certainly saw the 2016 championships as close as the score indicated, however I came away from the performances clearly feeling that C2 was the deserving champion!

Here's some irony: I thought Bucs should have beat C2 in 2016. I heard third- or fourth-hand that some of the judges thought their show that year was boring.

But C2 had my favorite performance last year.