Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually the fact that schools call off for weather far more often changed it.

maybe in your area, but back in the early '80's ESPN in Bristol, CT offered NCAA a bonus and the insight that moving season forward would allow more weekends to broadcast fb games and bring more cash revenue about to the schools. As the colleges started earlier then the high schools followed.  Your answer only makes sense in snow belts and not elsewhere in the nation.

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Here's some irony: I thought Bucs should have beat C2 in 2016. I heard third- or fourth-hand that some of the judges thought their show that year was boring.

But C2 had my favorite performance last year.

Now question is whether Dan Potter will ask the 19 Winner the asterik question of whether their championship really rates since C2 is not there?

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually the fact that schools call off for weather far more often changed it.

Maryland mandated that the school year cannot start until after Labor Day, a gift from the governor to Ocean City - another week of hotel / rentals for them in the season.

Edited by cybersnyder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

Maryland mandated that the school year cannot start until after Labor Day, a gift from the governor to Ocean City - another week of hotel / rentals for them in the season.

Which is pretty ironic since we would go to Ocean City for vacation after DCA the years it was in Annapolis. Almost empty; cheap drinks, and good food.

21 minutes ago, lcarlton said:

Which is pretty ironic since we would go to Ocean City for vacation after DCA the years it was in Annapolis. Almost empty; cheap drinks, and good food.

When the off season hits, it hits big... and suddenly.... Know plenty of people without kids who go September for reasons you gave. And water is still warm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

The state legislature reversed that mandate earlier this year. Its still in play for now... but I think in the future, the individual counties will decide on the start and end dates for them. 

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

When the off season hits, it hits big... and suddenly.... Know plenty of people without kids who go September for reasons you gave. And water is still warm.

Nobody's on the road.

Nobody's on the beach.

I feel it in the air.

The summer's out of reach.

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Nobody's on the road.

Nobody's on the beach.

I feel it in the air.

The summer's out of reach.

One of my wife’s favorite lyrics

”deadhead sticker on a Cadillac “ (bro in law big Dead fan)

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

One of my wife’s favorite lyrics

”deadhead sticker on a Cadillac “ (bro in law big Dead fan)

A fellow I know was a Deadhead for years, traveling around the country following the band. Then he settled down and became a lawyer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

For how much longer, I wonder.

to be honest, woodwinds being added to DCI/DCA would cause me to seriously reconsider fandom. I go to band shows because I get paid to judge them, or if I am not working, to take my daughter to see mommy who is working them. otherwise, I don't go

• Thanks 1