Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Eastern PA, Jersey. But that’s a decision for 2021 I was emailed about 2020 ticket sales for Williamsport today.

im 50. I felt young last year 

20 & 21 are Billtown. With an option to renew for two more 😕

2 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

20 & 21 are Billtown. With an option to renew for two more 😕

then IMO...market the hell out of bands in PA from Tyrone/State College to NJ, and go for some MY and MD too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

You refuse to accept the DCA audience is aging and not a #### thing is being done to address that. Nor do you offer anything that will appeal to the younger generation 

But wait...i did. 

"Membership is mostly younger students (admit it), so the DCA schedule has to accommodate return to school for HS and college age people.  That is mid-August.  

There is no real discussion that can start without this as a base line.  Unless DCA suddenly attracts kids that aged out of junior from 2013-15 (and there are fewer of them than ever, especially on the east coast) then making this a bona fide WEEKEND activity for LOCAL kids who can actually PARTICIPATE without pissing off their band program is the only way to go.  

Then, i gave you the weekend schedule with the why's and wherefores.   

Good try, brother. Like I said, waste of time.   

6 hours ago, C.Holland said:

my last trip to rochester, i felt very young in the stands.  very few band students.  not saying this can't change, but perhaps marketing was a concern.  

where would be better?   IF the marketing department can get their act together to sell tickets? 

The marketing department?  I'm not sure its understood what DCA actually is.  It's a handful of people who are decent organizers and get paid either a small stipend or nothing at all (most hours are volunteer) and run the circuit from home.  

The marketing department is every member past and present deciding to spread the word.  That's the most people and the most effective.  Suggesting the use of the alumni lists as a starting point didnt get much traction here and I believe that might be from misunderstanding what "DCA" is in the first place.  

Yes, being on that team for several years (pay: $0) gave me the opportunity to see it first hand.  In many ways, it runs with spit and glue.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wishbonecav said:

But wait...i did. 

"Membership is mostly younger students (admit it), so the DCA schedule has to accommodate return to school for HS and college age people.  That is mid-August.  

There is no real discussion that can start without this as a base line.  Unless DCA suddenly attracts kids that aged out of junior from 2013-15 (and there are fewer of them than ever, especially on the east coast) then making this a bona fide WEEKEND activity for LOCAL kids who can actually PARTICIPATE without pissing off their band program is the only way to go.  

Then, i gave you the weekend schedule with the why's and wherefores.   

Good try, brother. Like I said, waste of time.   

right. but what do you propose that will bring in kids to watch? Nothing you have mentioned does this.

10 minutes ago, wishbonecav said:

The marketing department?  I'm not sure its understood what DCA actually is.  It's a handful of people who are decent organizers and get paid either a small stipend or nothing at all (most hours are volunteer) and run the circuit from home.  

The marketing department is every member past and present deciding to spread the word.  That's the most people and the most effective.  Suggesting the use of the alumni lists as a starting point didnt get much traction here and I believe that might be from misunderstanding what "DCA" is in the first place.  

Yes, being on that team for several years (pay: $0) gave me the opportunity to see it first hand.  In many ways, it runs with spit and glue.  

considering a large number of alumni trash the product on the field, i'm not sure that segment is your best advertisement

Read it again, Jeff.  I know you cant wait to argue the point and be the smartest guy in the room, but "local band kids get in free" was a starting point.  In my estimation, that's "something"; but I'm sure you'll maintain your 15 year track record of not giving an inch so you can dismiss it out of hand.  It's boring and, not to belabor the phrase, a waste of time.  If you don't want to expand on or root for other ideas or if you have all the answers, I can get you in touch with Allen.  I'm sure you could do the same (or could have done the same long ago).  Be well. 

1 minute ago, wishbonecav said:

Read it again, Jeff.  I know you cant wait to argue the point and be the smartest guy in the room, but "local band kids get in free" was a starting point.  In my estimation, that's "something"; but I'm sure you'll maintain your 15 year track record of not giving an inch so you can dismiss it out of hand.  It's boring and, not to belabor the phrase, a waste of time.  If you don't want to expand on or root for other ideas or if you have all the answers, I can get you in touch with Allen.  I'm sure you could do the same (or could have done the same long ago).  Be well. 

I read your post 3 times before typing thanks.

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Eastern PA, Jersey. But that’s a decision for 2021 I was emailed about 2020 ticket sales for Williamsport today.

im 50. I felt young last year 

Whereabouts in eastern PA/NJ, out of curiosity?