Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

39 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I saw people trying to enter the stadium at about 5:30 p.m. this evening with their Prelims tickets (at the re-entry gate over by the ice cream tent) who were sent over to the box office clearly very confused about how tonight was Finals not Prelims.

I'm sure

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

sat behind someone tonight who bought the tickets like I did, you did etc...got no email about the schedule change, and isn't really a social media person, which led us to ask....how many people show up tomorrow night to find an empty stadium?

Omg.  That would be terrible.  Especially with the bad weather that is expected.

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I saw people trying to enter the stadium at about 5:30 p.m. this evening with their Prelims tickets (at the re-entry gate over by the ice cream tent) who were sent over to the box office clearly very confused about how tonight was Finals not Prelims.

They may have been attending prelims only due to cost, too. Lots of people attend Thursday’s prelims only in Indy for that reason alone.  

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

They may have been attending prelims only due to cost, too. Lots of people attend Thursday’s prelims only in Indy for that reason alone.  

Used to do that at Allentown in 80s. Only wanted to see the corps shows so sister and I would drive over and grab breakfast at Chez Arches (MickeyD) window and spend morning and early afternoon in the stands. Then home in time for supper. Week later see scores in DC News or call someone to see who won

• Like 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Used to do that at Allentown in 80s. Only wanted to see the corps shows so sister and I would drive over and grab breakfast at Chez Arches (MickeyD) window and spend morning and early afternoon in the stands. Then home in time for supper. Week later see scores in DC News or call someone to see who won

I mean, not everyone can fork out $50 a ticket, or whatever it was, especially if you have a kid marching.   Sometimes, you have to make a choice. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I mean, not everyone can fork out $50 a ticket, or whatever it was, especially if you have a kid marching.   Sometimes, you have to make a choice. 

Oh understand that point too. Especially if you’re bringing the whole family too. And logistics for watching at Prelims is a lot easier if you just want to see someone perform. And if you stuck around for scores Finals was longer than Prelims with about a hour wait between Buccs show and scores. (Went to bed after Cabs Alumni)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

sat behind someone tonight who bought the tickets like I did, you did etc...got no email about the schedule change, and isn't really a social media person, which led us to ask....how many people show up tomorrow night to find an empty stadium?

This blows my mind.  So both DCA and Box5 were guilty of this?

If you move a show to an earlier day than scheduled, you need to tell the people who paid in advance to see that show (tickets or webcasts).  That means using the contact information your customers provided.  Email. Text.  Robocall.  All of the above.

This may come as a shock to us here (i.e. on social media), but not everyone uses social media.  And we do not all use it in the same ways.  Not everyone follows the DCA Twitter feed or Facebook page.  If not for perusing DCP on a slow Friday afternoon, I would have missed prelims myself.

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

This blows my mind.  So both DCA and Box5 were guilty of this?

If you move a show to an earlier day than scheduled, you need to tell the people who paid in advance to see that show (tickets or webcasts).  That means using the contact information your customers provided.  Email. Text.  Robocall.  All of the above.

This may come as a shock to us here (i.e. on social media), but not everyone uses social media.  And we do not all use it in the same ways.  Not everyone follows the DCA Twitter feed or Facebook page.  If not for perusing DCP on a slow Friday afternoon, I would have missed prelims myself.

I would hope that they exchanged prelim tickets for finals tickets. 

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

is anyone, DCA or school, gonna be there to inform them?