Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

On 8/19/2019 at 4:29 PM, Terri Schehr said:

No, it’s not. 

One of the reasons DCA hasn’t committed to Williamsport for 20 - 21 is that they are requiring ten corps to commit for the next two years. 

While I am sure this was for financial reasons... could there be a worse venue for them to run a "world championship"? AT least Rochester was a nice stadium (besides having to stop playing by 10 PM).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Would you want to be that person? Heh.

Per the radar looks like a nice night. Ugliness after midnight now 

On 8/19/2019 at 4:29 PM, Terri Schehr said:

No, it’s not. 

One of the reasons DCA hasn’t committed to Williamsport for 20 - 21 is that they are requiring ten corps to commit for the next two years. 

That’s the email I got a few days ago. Looks pretty committed as it has the stadium and town named

4bb4d5ee-1e86-4a94-9ddd-62de9eb8d652.jpg

Williamsport, PA | August 29 & 30, 2020

Greetings jeff!

Thank you for making plans to visit Williamsport over Labor Day Weekend! 

With the 2019 Drum Corps Associates season drawing to a close, it is already time to start planning for 2020. As a loyal fan, you have the opportunity to be among the first to order tickets for next year's DCA World Championships! 

• Ticket packages will get you the same seat for the 2020 DCA Prelims and Finals in the center of STA Stadium (Section C).
  • Each Package costs $92 (a $5 savings compared to purchasing individual tickets when they go on sale Tuesday, September 10).
  • Packages will only be available to purchase in person at the following locations and times:
    —  DCA Prelims (Saturday, August 31) – The red box office located next to the main entry gate from 3 p.m. until the last corps steps off.

—  DCA Alumni Spectacular (Sunday, September 1) – The main box office located next to the auditorium inside the high school from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.

—  DCA Finals (Sunday, September 1) – The red box office located next to the main entry gate from 5 p.m. until the last corps steps off.

For more information or questions, please feel free to call 317.275.1212 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Thursday of this week or email tickets@dci.org

We look forward to seeing you this weekend and in 2020!

This email was sent by: Drum Corps International Ticketing Services
on behalf of Drum Corps Associates
2495 Directors Row, Suite I Indianapolis, IN, 46241, US
This email was sent to: reamjeff@gmail.co

26 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

While I am sure this was for financial reasons... could there be a worse venue for them to run a "world championship"? AT least Rochester was a nice stadium (besides having to stop playing by 10 PM).

For the right cheaper price I’m sure one could be found 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

That’s the email I got a few days ago. Looks pretty committed as it has the stadium and town named

4bb4d5ee-1e86-4a94-9ddd-62de9eb8d652.jpg

Williamsport, PA | August 29 & 30, 2020

Greetings jeff!

Thank you for making plans to visit Williamsport over Labor Day Weekend! 

With the 2019 Drum Corps Associates season drawing to a close, it is already time to start planning for 2020. As a loyal fan, you have the opportunity to be among the first to order tickets for next year's DCA World Championships! 

• Ticket packages will get you the same seat for the 2020 DCA Prelims and Finals in the center of STA Stadium (Section C).
  • Each Package costs $92 (a $5 savings compared to purchasing individual tickets when they go on sale Tuesday, September 10).
  • Packages will only be available to purchase in person at the following locations and times:
    —  DCA Prelims (Saturday, August 31) – The red box office located next to the main entry gate from 3 p.m. until the last corps steps off.

—  DCA Alumni Spectacular (Sunday, September 1) – The main box office located next to the auditorium inside the high school from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.

—  DCA Finals (Sunday, September 1) – The red box office located next to the main entry gate from 5 p.m. until the last corps steps off.

For more information or questions, please feel free to call 317.275.1212 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Thursday of this week or email tickets@dci.org

We look forward to seeing you this weekend and in 2020!

This email was sent by: Drum Corps International Ticketing Services
on behalf of Drum Corps Associates
2495 Directors Row, Suite I Indianapolis, IN, 46241, US
This email was sent to: reamjeff@gmail.co

Was it established that this is when championships will be held or it Labor Day weekend?  

I know it says Labor Day weekend in the email but that is not Labor Day weekend 2020. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

This blows my mind.  So both DCA and Box5 were guilty of this?

If you move a show to an earlier day than scheduled, you need to tell the people who paid in advance to see that show (tickets or webcasts).  That means using the contact information your customers provided.  Email. Text.  Robocall.  All of the above.

This may come as a shock to us here (i.e. on social media), but not everyone uses social media.  And we do not all use it in the same ways.  Not everyone follows the DCA Twitter feed or Facebook page.  If not for perusing DCP on a slow Friday afternoon, I would have missed prelims myself.

I only bought my tickets just last week online by clicking the link on DCA's website -- a couple days before the event.

DCA uses DCI's ticketing services, and I did get an email from DCI on Friday alerting me to the change.

But some people like Jeff had bought their tickets for this year on site at the show last year, and it would seem those people's contact information didn't go into DCI's database. That's my best guess, anyway.

I work in theater, and in situations like this, where the schedule changes, the only problems we run into are if a patron has either changed their contact information or if they've given the tickets to someone else and don't forward our advisory to that person.

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Was it established that this is when championships will be held or it Labor Day weekend?  

I know it says Labor Day weekend in the email but that is not Labor Day weekend 2020. 

no clarification on dates yet...just venue

8 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

This blows my mind.  So both DCA and Box5 were guilty of this?

If you move a show to an earlier day than scheduled, you need to tell the people who paid in advance to see that show (tickets or webcasts).  That means using the contact information your customers provided.  Email. Text.  Robocall.  All of the above.

This may come as a shock to us here (i.e. on social media), but not everyone uses social media.  And we do not all use it in the same ways.  Not everyone follows the DCA Twitter feed or Facebook page.  If not for perusing DCP on a slow Friday afternoon, I would have missed prelims myself.

I don't know about Box5, i am not on their email list as I haven't purchased...i am at the shows they broadcast.

i know they were active on social media, and i saw lots of people share the posts, and I got an email, but apparently others didn't. With the DCA admin team already in Williamsport when the switch was made, not sure how else they could have reached everyone other than finding phone records and calling everyone. Not sure what they have in place for a robocall system as they use DCI for ticketing

54 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I don't know about Box5, i am not on their email list as I haven't purchased...i am at the shows they broadcast.

i know they were active on social media, and i saw lots of people share the posts, and I got an email, but apparently others didn't. With the DCA admin team already in Williamsport when the switch was made, not sure how else they could have reached everyone other than finding phone records and calling everyone. Not sure what they have in place for a robocall system as they use DCI for ticketing

Nothing from Box5...