1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

Allen HS marching band....

maxresdefault.jpg

Allen HS Stadium....

20-allen-stadium.w710.h473.2x.jpg

And in true "Where's Waldo?" fashion, I spotted the sousa on the 37 hash farthest from us on the left wearing shorts. I wonder if he is a football player that doubles on sousa?

Edited by cybersnyder
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

https://twitter.com/CBSDFW/status/1167636885285605376

Speaking of venues, just saw that tweet from a CBS affiliate in Dallas:

"Prosper Eagles Celebrate First Win In $52 Million Football Stadium".

That's a high school stadium. Here's a picture:

EDRHjmtXUAAENcR.jpg

welcome to Texas.

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

OT I know... but I thought of you and the rest of the Harrisburg-area crew when I was heading down I-83 today. The part where I-83 becomes just a one-lane on--ramp to continue south toward the river. LOL.

That part has to be in the "Bad Highway Design Hall of Fame." :tongue:

oh you have no idea

so...again...parking and souvie set up better.

did anyone show up at the stadium by accident? I saw some complaints to day on various sites that people got there saturday and had no idea of the change

19 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

And in true "Where's Waldo?" fashion, I spotted the sousa on the 37 hash farthest from us on the left wearing shorts. I wonder if he is a football player that doubles on sousa?

Plus....the students in the bleachers behind the band performing on the field are band members who just did not fit on the field!   😎

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Along with the I-290 Hillside strangler.  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hillside Strangler

Both sections of road named for Eisenhower the guy who helped get the money rolling for the high speed (except at rush hour) interstates. 

As Fran could attest I-83 around York still being working on. Contractor hitting penalty phase as work delayed so much. As least they got rid of the I-83 “dead mans curve” some years back. Along with the one lane piece of highway Fran mentioned and my loop de loop it was dang near a 90 angle turn. No wide curve or anything like that, just LEFT TURN NOW....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Both sections of road named for Eisenhower the guy who helped get the money rolling for the high speed (except at rush hour) interstates. 

As Fran could attest I-83 around York still being working on. Contractor hitting penalty phase as work delayed so much. As least they got rid of the I-83 “dead mans curve” some years back. Along with the one lane piece of highway Fran mentioned and my loop de loop it was dang near a 90 angle turn. No wide curve or anything like that, just LEFT TURN NOW....

Oh man... I hear that, I am so glad that curve is now gone! Late at night, coming home from anything in the Harrisburg/Hershey area... that thing was a nightmare.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

A friend sent a photo of the audience at finals in Allentown in 1984. X2jkRc4.jpg

Times have changed just a bit. :laughing: