Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, dbriggs said:

pretty sure Hamburg, for one, has an alumni corps

Also Hanover but off top of my head that’s it... no idea of Eries status for any of their corps

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Speaking of RCA, where are they now? I know the answer but really, where are those corps that made that organization? Dunkirk, Getzville, Hamburg, Freestatesmen, Kawartha Kavaliers, Pittsburgh Rockets, Hanover Lancers, St. Johnsonburg Diplomats, etc.

NM. Asked and answered.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

16 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Speaking of RCA, where are they now? I know the answer but really, where are those corps that made that organization? Dunkirk, Getzville, Hamburg, Freestatesmen, Kawartha Kavaliers, Pittsburgh Rockets, Hanover Lancers, St. Johnsonburg Diplomats, etc.

most are dead, a unless they are an alumni group

• Like 1

well since Imperial Dynasty announced they are no longer merging with Bush, I'll be anxious to see where that goes

On 10/11/2019 at 8:22 AM, C.Holland said:

and now they get to complain about a lack of groups overall.   double headed crocodile has bit the activity in the butt.  

Yep! 

On 10/11/2019 at 7:42 AM, Fran Haring said:

I will admit, that was quite a convenient watering hole there. LOL

A family member went up for prelims one of the early Scranton years... went into the bar for a beer and a bite before buying a ticket... then realized they were feeding the audio of the show into the bar, and he could see the corps through the big window!!!  So he stayed there and watched prelims for free.  :tongue:

As terrible as the field was for marching and the Cops were to fans ... that bar was amazing . Prices fair and no better place in the stadium to watch the corps . 

On 10/19/2019 at 6:03 PM, camel lips said:

As terrible as the field was for marching and the Cops were to fans ... that bar was amazing . Prices fair and no better place in the stadium to watch the corps . 

and that stadium looks nothing like it did 14 years ago when it last held DCA

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x89c4dfb640ff0973%3A0x46b1a2158f2dabaa!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNaDANol5cK0-EHWMAT9SRZoG24aGyqgjU5Dt9k%3Dw426-h240-k-no!5sscranton baseball stadium - Google Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNaDANol5cK0-EHWMAT9SRZoG24aGyqgjU5Dt9k&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjt4PWxoq7lAhWOc98KHX4gDdoQoiowG3oECAwQBg

On 10/21/2019 at 4:15 PM, Jeff Ream said:

I would not say it looks nothing like it did 14 years ago. Looks alot like it did when I was there. Definite face lift. 

As hilarious as the Brown Shirts were the last year about Not coming in and out they were really clueless that you could virtually walk in from the back side and other exits they were not "guarding" . I laughed so hard at one of them that would not let me back in with my ticket..went around the back side and then waved to him later on from the inside. He just looked at me with this glazed over look like what just happened?? LOL 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, camel lips said:

I would not say it looks nothing like it did 14 years ago. Looks alot like it did when I was there. Definite face lift. 

As hilarious as the Brown Shirts were the last year about Not coming in and out they were really clueless that you could virtually walk in from the back side and other exits they were not "guarding" . I laughed so hard at one of them that would not let me back in with my ticket..went around the back side and then waved to him later on from the inside. He just looked at me with this glazed over look like what just happened?? LOL 

We said thank you on the way out to the really big guy who worked Lower section. He got this shocked look on his face that was worth it. Same guy gave me the “back to the concourse or park it” hand sign when I was in the walkway talking to someone seated. Had look on his face then like he just stepping in something and it was me.☹️