Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

44 minutes ago, ironlips said:

At one point we lived a few hundred yards from Belmont and I could hear his race calls in my backyard.

I always recognized echoes of Freddie in your own announcements at DCA shows and on the recordings. At one time, DCA had lots of photo finishes and dark horses. Not so much recently.

Wow... thank you for the compliment!!!!  Mr. Capossela was a living legend.

You're right about those photo finishes. Was involved in some during my time with Sun, up and down. It was more fun to be on the front end of that wire photo than on the back end.  LOL.

• 5 weeks later...

I dug this out because a respected DCA director posted on social media saying those worried about the future of DCA need not be, but no details or anything was posted, and the DCA website has no PR giving details...so does anyone know anything about the 13 remaining corps or any that may be trying to join ( or leave)?

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I dug this out because a respected DCA director posted on social media saying those worried about the future of DCA need not be, but no details or anything was posted, and the DCA website has no PR giving details...so does anyone know anything about the 13 remaining corps or any that may be trying to join ( or leave)?

“We’re cool... no details or questions but we’re cool”. 😬

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“We’re cool... no details or questions but we’re cool”. 😬

Anybody who could be sharing anything is likely flying home from Atlanta today. Today's for buying DCI tickets, anyway.. Let's worry about DCA news tomorrow or Wednesday  :winky:

33 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Anybody who could be sharing anything is likely flying home from Atlanta today. Today's for buying DCI tickets, anyway.. Let's worry about DCA news tomorrow or Wednesday  :winky:

It might snow here in Baltimore Wednesday. I'll save any other worries for after that. :tongue:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

kick the can down the curb. why not, it got us to less than 3000 paid at finals

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grenadasmoothie said:

But someone had time to share “no problems”....

I guess we'll know the answer in the next 4 years. If more corps choose to not exist then we'll have an answer. LOL

Edited by KeithHall
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

IMO those numbers reflect the current interest with all-age corps entertainment quality.

it reflects a lot of things. especially a lack of marketing

• Like 1