Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

26 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

IMO those numbers reflect the current interest with all-age corps entertainment quality.

That is one factor, I agree.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

But someone had time to share “no problems”....

That, apparently, was a corps director, not a DCA official? I'm just saying that news from last weekend should be coming from a DCA official, and many folks I know who were in Atlanta are in transit today.

Edited by grenadasmoothie

58 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

That, apparently, was a corps director, not a DCA official? I'm just saying that news from last weekend should becoming from a DCA official, and many folks I know who were in Atlanta are in transit today.

Ok see where you’re coming from.. good point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

As a microcosm of society, it reflects that people will not spend money on things they don’t like. Even the best marketing won’t change that. 

That and people can’t spend if they don’t know a “product” exists.....

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

IMO those numbers reflect the current interest with all-age corps entertainment quality.

Or lack of interest depending on your point of view. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I dug this out because a respected DCA director posted on social media saying those worried about the future of DCA need not be, but no details or anything was posted, and the DCA website has no PR giving details...so does anyone know anything about the 13 remaining corps or any that may be trying to join ( or leave)?

Of course no one in DCA is worried. Everything is just roses. Havent you been listening the last 19 years???? Its Just the way they want it. They are getting everything they want. 

7 hours ago, Poppycock said:

As a microcosm of society, it reflects that people will not spend money on things they don’t like. Even the best marketing won’t change that. 

they aren't even trying to get eyes under age 50 interested

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, camel lips said:

Of course no one in DCA is worried. Everything is just roses. Havent you been listening the last 19 years???? Its Just the way they want it. They are getting everything they want. 

this is one i respect, not given to hyperbole, or basing predictions on past results combined with lunar cycles

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 3:06 PM, grenadasmoothie said:

That, apparently, was a corps director, not a DCA official? I'm just saying that news from last weekend should be coming from a DCA official, and many folks I know who were in Atlanta are in transit today.

so three days later......i guess it's a really long drive from Atlanta after all!

• Haha 1