Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

6 hours ago, ironlips said:

Otherwise, we will soon be playing out a movie scene, looking at each other in our old corps jackets until someone says, "Well, we'll always have Scranton."

Imagine the scene at Wilkes Barre-Scranton International Airport:

"Victor Laszlo is on that plane!!!" 😂

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

even when it went back in 06 it never got what 96 did. people from other areas didnt travel. just as with Annapolis, people from up northwest didnt travel.

Speaking of Annapolis... from what I recall, DCA did a Groupon promotion in 2013, and Finals attendance was noticeably higher than the first Annapolis year in '12.

I wonder if DCA might consider trying something like that in Rochester. Yes, the tickets would be at a discount... but as the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers. 

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Imagine the scene at Wilkes Barre-Scranton International Airport:

"Victor Laszlo is on that plane!!!" 😂

imagine all of us waiting for Peashey to deal with the Brown Shirts

Speaking of Annapolis... from what I recall, DCA did a Groupon promotion in 2013, and Finals attendance was noticeably higher than the first Annapolis year in '12.

I wonder if DCA might consider trying something like that in Rochester. Yes, the tickets would be at a discount... but as the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers. 

first you need people willing to go there. for Annapolis, there was bunch of marketing in the region

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Anyone else feel that the problems with Williamsport put a big nail in the coffin. Thinking people stayed away and then realized they didn’t miss DCA Weekend that much when it left Billiesport. ESPECIALLY since there are other things to do Labor Day weekend.

I walked away from all DC for 10 years. After the first summer away didn’t really miss it 

it sped things up...especially when the then director of DCA called out people pointing out the flaws as trolls on the live mic before awards. 

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

first you need people willing to go there. for Annapolis, there was bunch of marketing in the region

By "bunch of marketing" do you mean DCA basically ignoring (especially in 2012) several people who either lived in/knew the area, and/or had connections with the high school band/marching music scene, all of whom had reached out to DCA and were willing to help get the word out? LOL

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

By "bunch of marketing" do you mean DCA basically ignoring (especially in 2012) several people who either lived in/knew the area, and/or had connections with the high school band/marching music scene, all of whom had reached out to DCA and were willing to help get the word out? LOL

And I thought DCI had the “this is the way we’ve always done this and we’re still here mentality”. 🤬

and tying themselves to alumni corps that announced they were folding. In 13 they did better at reaching out in the area.

I will be discussing DCA on the next DCAF podcast. i guarantee snark to be included

• Haha 1