Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Why do you continue to poke holes in every suggestion? And your solution is?????

hole? You mean truth? First off, you mistake me for defending DCA management for bringing up reality. DCA management continues to be clueless, and I am done offering to help for promised phone calls that never come. I am tired of defending them for what is so glaringly obvious to so many people. But while i will not defend them, that doesn't mean i am not realistic to the fact on the totem pole if part of DCI, that, well, they'll be on the bottom. And when you have proud people who for over 50 years have been controlling their future, poorly as it may be anymore, you think they'll just willingly give that up to come in on the pecking order behind World Class, Open Class, Soundsport or Drumline Battle?

And given the events of the last 16 months, does DCI want the headaches of all age groups and the potential sceanrios that couyld happen no matter how hard the corps try to police themselves? I mean after all, it wasn't kids that did Pioneer in, it was the adults. Now you're staring at organizations where if you have a heart beat you're eligible to join. Oh and the whole DCI charter about youth. Yeah well age kinda kills that too. There's tons of things that need to be addressed before you can have any kind of blanket takeover/absorption. For anyone who understands the rules, bylaws and the business world, in many ways I can see DCI running from Indy back to Lombard screaming

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

I’m confused with what any of this has to do with the colossal issues many stated. It’s either not working or everything is fine! 

Few pages back you said something that sounded like the adults in DCA were copying what DCI had done. IOW Jr corps/DCI came first and then Sr corps/DCA came about cause they thought what the kids were doing was cool. 

3 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I’m confused with what any of this has to do with the colossal issues many stated. It’s either not working or everything is fine! 

it's called trying to teach you to be historically correct when you throw things out to make your points and fail

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

There's tons of things that need to be addressed before you can have any kind of blanket takeover/absorption. For anyone who understands the rules, bylaws and the business world, in many ways I can see DCI running from Indy back to Lombard screaming

Which brings me to the conclusion that just like in life all things must come to an end. Destiny! 

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

Which brings me to the conclusion that just like in life all things must come to an end. Destiny! 

not necessarily. But it does involve DCA's leadership and members sitting down, asking some #### hard questions, and coming up with an actionable game plan to make it happen....and the patience to make it happen.

20 years ago, DCI was still recovering from record low attendance in Florida, and many of these same questions were bandied about for DCI. Even more so after the first two years in Indy. DCI got a plan going, stuck to it and made the required tweaks along the way, and since 2011, things have definitely been looking up. But DCI also realized sometimes you have to pay money to make money. Considering DCA chooses championship venues for the least amount of outlay possible, and looking at their marketing the same approach is true...well,,,you don't get what you won't pay for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's called trying to teach you to be historically correct when you throw things out to make your points and fail

You’re very rude! History may be all that’s left. Tony Soprano said remember when is the lowest form of conversation. The point is essentially if they change nothing, nothing’s going to change. If I was making the decision for DCI, I would stay as far away from that hot mess as possible. I’m Done! 

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think we’ll all soon find out.  No reason to belabor this until then. 

Hey it’s the off season... and I have nothing to grumble about until the Bills and Flyers start up (groan)....

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

You’re very rude! History may be all that’s left. Tony Soprano said remember when is the lowest form of conversation. The point is essentially if they change nothing, nothing’s going to change. If I was making the decision for DCI, I would stay as far away from that hot mess as possible. I’m Done! 

You and Jeff are having quite the violent agreement.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

And given the events of the last 16 months, does DCI want the headaches of all age groups and the potential sceanrios that couyld happen no matter how hard the corps try to police themselves? I mean after all, it wasn't kids that did Pioneer in, it was the adults. Now you're staring at organizations where if you have a heart beat you're eligible to join. 

Poppy, Jeff is 100% correct here. 

If you read Tricia Nadolny’s article “A Failure to Protect” from last fall, scroll down several paragraphs to “Then there is Morgan Larson”.   Trust me.  There’s a lot more to that story.  

https://www.inquirer.com/news/a/drum-corp-international-sexual-assault-misconduct-mike-stevens-george-hopkins-cadets-20181213.html

Edited by Terri Schehr