Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

19 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

While I am sure this was for financial reasons... could there be a worse venue for them to run a "world championship"? AT least Rochester was a nice stadium (besides having to stop playing by 10 PM).

https://twitter.com/CBSDFW/status/1167636885285605376

Speaking of venues, just saw that tweet from a CBS affiliate in Dallas:

"Prosper Eagles Celebrate First Win In $52 Million Football Stadium".

That's a high school stadium. Here's a picture:

EDRHjmtXUAAENcR.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

While I am sure this was for financial reasons... could there be a worse venue for them to run a "world championship"? AT least Rochester was a nice stadium (besides having to stop playing by 10 PM).

If the downtown of Williamsport could be combined with a better stadium... that would help. LOL

The downtown, in the area near the HQ hotel... terrific, IMO.  Several really good dining/drinking options within a reasonably short walk (the Bullfrog brewpub is excellent)... and from what I understand (wasn't there for this, but from people who were) the party atmosphere at the Friday night I&E events is great.

Plus the area is safe/certainly feels safe. I stayed at a hotel a few blocks from the HQ hotel... and I walked back and forth several times, at night, without having to look over my shoulder every few seconds, unlike Rochester. LOL

But the stadium... well...:ninja:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Plus the area is safe/certainly feels safe. I stayed at a hotel a few blocks from the HQ hotel... and I walked back and forth several times, at night, without having to look over my shoulder every few seconds, unlike Rochester. LOL

In Rochester, I walked from my hotels downtown to and from the stadium, day and night, for four years. It was fine. It's mostly vacant lots anyway.

The only area that felt chancy was the neighborhood beyond the stadium in the other direction, and the first year, by mistake, I also walked that neighborhood at night with no incidents.

22 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

In Rochester, I walked from my hotels downtown to and from the stadium, day and night, for four years. It was fine. It's mostly vacant lots anyway.

The only area that felt chancy was the neighborhood beyond the stadium in the other direction, and the first year, by mistake, I also walked that neighborhood at night with no incidents.

Glad you were OK.

For me, sections of Rochester had an "edgy" feeling that I get in some parts of Baltimore. And those parts of Baltimore are no picnic, to say the least. LOL.

Had none of that feeling in the area of downtown Williamsport.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Used to take breaks between corps go behind the stands and look at the neighborhood that way. Sister had moved into an area of Harrisburg that was lower working class and looked lot like the area by that side of the stadium. Run down in places but yards and house kept clean and kids out playing in the yards. But way too many Corps people would take one look and start bad mouthing. Then to leave we would take a left and go down the street (Lydel?) with Chinese places and strip club or two. Had some people flip that we went that way. Hell thats the way we came in too. At least the businesses were open, if they were closed I’d worry

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Used to take breaks between corps go behind the stands and look at the neighborhood that way. Sister had moved into an area of Harrisburg that was lower working class and looked lot like the area by that side of the stadium. Run down in places but yards and house kept clean and kids out playing in the yards. But way too many Corps people would take one look and start bad mouthing. Then to leave we would take a left and go down the street (Lydel?) with Chinese places and strip club or two. Had some people flip that we went that way. Hell thats the way we came in too. At least the businesses were open, if they were closed I’d worry

OT I know... but I thought of you and the rest of the Harrisburg-area crew when I was heading down I-83 today. The part where I-83 becomes just a one-lane on--ramp to continue south toward the river. LOL.

That part has to be in the "Bad Highway Design Hall of Fame." :tongue:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

OT I know... but I thought of you and the rest of the Harrisburg-area crew when I was heading down I-83 today. The part where I-83 becomes just a one-lane on--ramp to continue south toward the river. LOL.

That part has to be in the "Bad Highway Design Hall of Fame." :tongue:

Truckers call that whole area the concrete jungle. And know the exact spot as go from 55 to 40 NOW to make the curve. Then other side of the river it’s a loop de loop to go to Baltimore. If you go straight you’re on 581 and going west... wth 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

Texas doesn't mess around when it comes to stadiums. There are even higher priced stadiums. For high school.

Allen HS marching band....

maxresdefault.jpg

Allen HS Stadium....

20-allen-stadium.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Allen HS marching band....

maxresdefault.jpg

Allen HS Stadium....

20-allen-stadium.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Wow... that is amazing.