Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Good lord! How about Twiggy the Water-Skiing Squirrel and PoPo the Clown they might sell more tickets to these DCA show’s.  LOL 😂 

considering how indoor is driving the design of DCI, which is driving the design of DCA...  its not far fetched.  

they're also easy to host, and cheap to accommodate.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

considering how indoor is driving the design of DCI, which is driving the design of DCA...  its not far fetched.  

they're also easy to host, and cheap to accommodate.  

Having started in 1974 you can imagine the changes I’ve seen over 4 1/2 decades. All I can say is if it keeps the activity alive, then more power to it....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Having started in 1974 you can imagine the changes I’ve seen over 4 1/2 decades. All I can say is if it keeps the activity alive, then more power to it....

and without your posts, DCP won't last 5 years either. 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Good lord! How about Twiggy the Water-Skiing Squirrel and PoPo the Clown they might sell more tickets to these DCA show’s.  LOL 😂 

The squirrel act might be tough. With the water and all that, it's a logistics thing. :laughing:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hey if that’s what people want why not.

My old alumni corps have brought in fife and drum, minis and would get a brass band if the schedules would fit.

And that show is the only spring drum corps concert that regularly has a sold-out house. 

Nice mix of alumni corps plus other groups, like you mentioned. For one, the Baltimore-based Federal City Brass Band, which plays Civil War-era music on authentic period instruments (and they are good at it) has been a big hit at the Lancers' show the last two years.

The Lancers certainly are doing something right with that event.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

And that show is the only spring drum corps concert that regularly has a sold-out house. 

Nice mix of alumni corps plus other groups, like you mentioned. For one, the Baltimore-based Federal City Brass Band, which plays Civil War-era music on authentic period instruments (and they are good at it) has been a big hit at the Lancers' show the last two years.

The Lancers certainly are doing something right with that event.

Thanks Fran forgot they DID have a brass band group. Guess I’d better go 2020. Civil War era and about 15 miles from Gettysburg go figure 😉

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Some of these groups are more watchable and listenable than one might think.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, C.Holland said:

I think if you want DCA to grow, the shows need to make a conscious effort to invite SDCA, Soundsports, and even the indoor winds carry their shows over into summer to participate.   Give  more groups access to a performance, as well as ticket holders a few more pieces of entertainment, and they all may come back for more.   

stop being logical.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

you have to remember the 35 minimum membership rule was passed because show hosts ( aka corps that run shows) said fans complained about smaller ( aka not good) groups

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you have to remember the 35 minimum membership rule was passed because show hosts ( aka corps that run shows) said fans complained about smaller ( aka not good) groups

Tell yah what-- I felt I was more entertained by Thunder Brigade at the Ijamsville show a couple of years ago then one of the actual competitors.