Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so three days later......i guess it's a really long drive from Atlanta after all!

Must be on I-95 around DC beltway 🤬🥵😬

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Must be on I-95 around DC beltway 🤬🥵😬

Maybe took the dive off the 495 Twin Bridges - in order to avoid the inevitable ...  After seeing the pictures on Facebook - I saw only ONE person from the Great White North at the meeting, and that was the DCA official from here..

Guess I'll have to consider the opportunity to go to finals this summer - since there are no DCI shows in Minne this summer - NONE !!!

Pat

BIG TIME OOOPS , YALL - it looks like the DCI Blue Star show in Rochester, will be returning, as will Mankato's Thunder of Drums - but no Open class show and the show they moved to Menominee has moved to Lacrosse.

Edited by goalieguy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, goalieguy said:

Maybe took the dive off the 495 Twin Bridges - in order to avoid the inevitable ...  After seeing the pictures on Facebook - I saw only ONE person from the Great White North at the meeting, and that was the DCA official from here..

Guess I'll have to consider the opportunity to go to finals this summer - since there are no DCI shows in Minne this summer - NONE !!!

Pat

BIG TIME OOOPS , YALL - it looks like the DCI Blue Star show in Rochester, will be returning, as will Mankato's Thunder of Drums - but no Open class show and the show they moved to Menominee has moved to Lacrosse.

enjoy trying to get to Williamsport!

Can’t find Jeff’s question on Erie but got their newsletter and raffle ticket (Gary M knows my address 😄) today. To put it short they started a drum line but no mention of any type of corps (Class A, Mini or Alumni). Lake Erie Fanfare DCI show still scheduled but drum line and a color guard seems to be it from upper left of PA. 

On 12/17/2019 at 12:12 AM, Jeff Ream said:

and no press release

I knew DC traffic was pretty bad, but that must be some kind of traffic jam around our nation's capital.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, burdettsky said:

I knew DC traffic was pretty bad, but that must be some kind of traffic jam around our nation's capital.  

well impeachment, budget talks....all the politicians rushing to get out of town

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2019 at 11:12 PM, Jeff Ream said:

and no press release

When you got nothing,,you got nothing. 

On 8/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, Musicman1084 said:

One question I've always had is what is the average age of DCA corps? I was under the impression that while they're "All Age," the majority of corps pull from the high school and college-aged pools.  With that in mind, I'm not sure why recruiting is so difficult given the concentration in the  Mid-Atlantic/New York areas and two large HS circuits to draw from in TOB/US Bands.  Is any recruiting actively done at these shows?

I know I am very very late to this party and I'm sorry if this was already addressed in one of the 80 pages of this thread I still have yet to comb through. But as a very partial answer to this specific question... at least up to a few years ago (unsure about the present), DCA corps were typically barred from recruiting at USBands functions, except for C2. Many DCI corps other than the Cadets were similarly barred. Recruiting is more than just a matter of showing up--explicit permission is required, and, well. There was a genuine interest within USBands at least to only promote YEA organizations, to the detriment of other NE corps. DCA as a body may be god awful at advertising, but individual DCA corps do try--they're just not always welcome.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Welcome, Year Fiver !

So refreshing to find a DCA participant contributing here. Hope you continue. ‘DCA-speak’ on Drum Corps Planet has pretty-much dried up at the moment.  It’s been a huge mistake over time for various corps to suggest members stay away. Makes absolutely no sense if trying to spread the word and grow interest.

I expect DCA will be around for at least another 5 years. The group will be smaller in number of corps, however. But, DCA can still present a viable season with ever-improving individual corps performances. That is, if leadership at every level steps up to the challenge.

Again, enjoy your time. You could be a ‘spark’ that helps build back the flame!

Edited by Fred Windish