Best and/or hardest place to perform

Earlier this morning on base, i had the honor of meeting a Sailor who marched in the BD organization with BDC, BDB, and then three years with the A corps aging out with a ring in 2003. We got to talking and since i have never marched, i had alot of questions for him. One of the questions i asked him was where was his favorite place to perform, and where was the hardest. He said San Antonio TX was his favorite personally, and Riverside CA was always fun and a blast, yet very intimidating and alot of pressure, cause the BD alumni would be there in full force, the jury was watching and you had to bring it at that show. 

So i would like to hear everyone's stories on your favorite places to perform and most difficult if you have one. I have always heard the Allentown crowd can be tough. Any stories about performing there? Thanks in advance everyone!!

Denver sucks to physically perform at... Especially in 2004 when the more pages of drill you had the better. And tempos are in the 200's

Having reduced Oxygen at Altitude sucks..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Bristol R.I. parade on the 4th of July is always a favorite for many........................................except 2019 when DCI skipped it.  Hopefully 2020 will see the return of this Americana.

I agree, but I think it is wishful thinking at best. Sadly in the Northeast I think  we’ll most likely see fewer shows than a beloved show’s return which will impact the parade.

Edited by Tim K
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Whitewater was my favorite.  Even with the mosquitoes. 

Worst:  any baseball park. Always threw my perspective way off. 

Memorial Stadium in Baltimore had the bleeping pitchers mound. Dust cloud every time someone would go over it. 

Aquinas/Hollander in Rochester had horrible lighting one year. We had black uniforms and people just disappeared

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Best:  Can’t decide between BC and Manning Bowl.

Hard:  It really wasn’t hard, but the 65 VFW Nationals in the McCormack Place sure as helll was different.

Ghost,

I was there in "65 when the Royal-Airs won the VFW title. It remains one of my favorite shows of all time.

My recollection is that it was held indoors because the scheduled venue, Soldier's Field, was flooded.

What I do not recall is where the semifinals were held. Do you?

Michael

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Whitewater was my favorite.  Even with the mosquitoes. 

Worst:  any baseball park. Always threw my perspective way off. 

Cooper Stadium in Columbus ... Ugh!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2