Best and/or hardest place to perform

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t march there but wasn’t US Open there in ‘84? 

No, US Open was to be held in Marion, but was rained out. In ‘84 US Open was reduced to a one day show. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

My memory is seriously faulty. 😂

Mine too ... Who are you again?

😂

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t march there but wasn’t US Open there in ‘84? 

My very first show in '73 was at the US Open - I still have seat cushions with the logo printed on them.  I started my marching career in '74 at the Marion Cadets - I remember the parade mile around the Marion loop around town and the HUNDREDS of buses in the parking lot bringing throngs to the bleachers in that podunk stadium.  I was at Clipper's stadium every year, including the year Hopkins ignored the warning to not march on the pitcher's mound...

Wow, flashbacks...

A fellow snare player from Troy, OH borrowed $20 then stiffed me.  I never forgave him but I admit to remembering it more than the trip to Whitewater.  Heh, memory fades.

• Like 2

Just now, garfield said:

My very first show in '73 was at the US Open - I still have seat cushions with the logo printed on them.  I started my marching career in '74 at the Marion Cadets - I remember the parade mile around the Marion loop around town and the HUNDREDS of buses in the parking lot bringing throngs to the bleachers in that podunk stadium.  I was at Clipper's stadium every year, including the year Hopkins ignored the warning to not march on the pitcher's mound...

Wow, flashbacks...

A fellow snare player from Troy, OH borrowed $20 then stiffed me.  I never forgave him but I admit to remembering it more than the trip to Whitewater.  Heh, memory fades.

I marched in US Open twice.  ‘76 and ‘78.  We also were at the Key to the Sea show in Toledo in ‘76.  I think it was at the Glass Bowl at the University of Toledo but don’t hold me to that.

I remember we had a little trouble with the locals.  It was always hilarious to me that six guys in an old Impala were up for messing with 128 people.  

• Haha 2

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I marched in US Open twice.  ‘76 and ‘78.  We also were at the Key to the Sea show in Toledo in ‘76.  I think it was at the Glass Bowl at the University of Toledo but don’t hold me to that.

I remember we had a little trouble with the locals.  It was always hilarious to me that six guys in an old Impala were up for messing with 128 people.  

I marched US Open ‘75–‘78. I loved that show!

• Like 1