Best and/or hardest place to perform

52 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

Ithaca....interesting stadium and a huge hill to get buses up!

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s what I’m talking about.  The streets are like a hilly labyrinth. 

But it was a beautiful setting!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

Had the "pleasure" of attending Lake Eire Fanfare for two or three years at

old  Veterans Stadium. A laundry list of things wrong with that place. Parking, souvie area, no hieght. But the blast zone was incredible!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woodchuck said:

old  Veterans Stadium. A laundry list of things wrong with that place. Parking, souvie area, no hieght. But the blast zone was incredible!!!

And the school that looked like a prison past the end zone. Was there for a regular season Sr show plus  2 Sr circuit (not DCA) championships in 70s/80s

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, woodchuck said:

I really like that stadium. I imagine the field itself is nice to perform on. The stands are nice and you get incredible sound (as you mentioned). I've been to lots of DCI shows up there over the years, but not recently. I think 2014 or so was the last one. I used to enjoy seeing the Erie Thunderbirds perform. Erie really is a nice town, but I do imagine parking, rehearsal sites, and warm-up areas are not easy to find around that stadium. 

my favorite field of dreams was the Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City...All of NYC would be there because drum corps was still about neighborhoods..(the Dream) ....least favorite location was I think Memorial stadium in Baltimore?

On 8/21/2019 at 11:04 AM, Terri Schehr said:

I wasn’t in Ithaca in 1974 for championships but I’ve been there.  It looks like it had to be a parking nightmare.  Even with just busses and smaller equipment vehicles. 

and wooden bleachers (folks received their own splinter as souvenirs.)

• Haha 1