BOA

On 8/20/2019 at 4:09 PM, MMSis said:

What is BOA?  I got an email from FloMarching today mentioning this and I don't know what it is.

It's a h.s. marching band organization representing principally the Midwest and Texas (some other areas represented on a smaller number) with Finals in Indianapolis before Thanksgiving.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:09 PM, MMSis said:

What is BOA?  I got an email from FloMarching today mentioning this and I don't know what it is.

Bands of America, the high school marching band circuit run that is operated by (and the best-known part of) a non-profit called Music for All.

This year they're hosting 23 competitions in Arizona (1), California (1), Florida (1), Georgia (1), Indiana (3), Iowa (1), Kentucky (1), Maryland (1), Missouri (1), Ohio (2), Tennessee (1), Texas (7), Utah (1), and Virginia (1). These consist of 19 "Regional" contests, typically attended by about 15-25 bands, I think; 3 "Super Regional" contests, with about 85 bands over two days; and the three-day "Grand Nationals" in Indianapolis, with about 110 bands. (There are no qualifying requirements to enter the bigger competitions: a band does not need to attain a certain score at a Regional to attend a Super Regional or Grand Nationals; it's more or less first-come first-served, so a band can choose to appear only in Grand Nationals.) Each event consists of a Prelims round and a Finals round; the Nationals also have a Semifinals round.

• Thanks 1