Which is your favorite 10th place show of the decade?

Which is your favorite 10th place show of the decade?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your favorite 10th place DCI show of the 2010s?

• [no title] (Madison Scouts 2010)
    • Animal Farm (Boston Crusaders 2014)
    • Avian (Blue Knights 2012)
    • Conquest (Boston Crusaders 2015)
    • Continuum (Crossmen 2016)
    • Life Rite After (Mandarins 2018)
    • New York Morning (Madison Scouts 2011)
    • NoBeginningNoEnd (Blue Knights 2013)
    • Star Crossed (Blue Stars 2017)
    • Subterra (Mandarins 2019)

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I picked Madison Scouts, “New York Morning” ... I am still upset “Empire State of Mind” was a sync right casualty on the BluRays. 

I told a person on an elevator at the Omni in 2011 that I loved the Scouts show and they said I was stupid.  Seriously. 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I picked Madison Scouts, “New York Morning” ... I am still upset “Empire State of Mind” was a sync right casualty on the BluRays. 

It seems to me that eventually DCI ought to be able to fix this problem. The video rights were locked up because of an insurance company commercial. But it's been eight years since that commercial aired. At some point DCI perhaps could go back to the rights holders and see if this one can be pried loose.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

It seems to me that eventually DCI ought to be able to fix this problem. The video rights were locked up because of an insurance company commercial. But it's been eight years since that commercial aired. At some point DCI perhaps could go back to the rights holders and see if this one can be pried loose.

Even now, I would buy that BluRay. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Even now, I would buy that BluRay. 

Read somewhere yesterday, in light of the news about the rights to Spider-Man being transferred from one movie company to another, that if the copyright laws that existed in the 1970s, i.e., when DCI was founded, hadn't been expanded a couple times, that a lot of classic superheroes like Batman and Superman would now be in the public domain, available for anyone to adapt free of charge. True of a lot of great music too! Though obviously not "Empire State of Mind".

This was much tougher to decide but I have to go with 2014 Boston Crusaders. It's easily my favorite show by the corps as a whole and just had so many great things going for it. 

I was trying to decide between them and the Mandarins' Life Rite After

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Madison 11

They are running away with this one, although every show has gotten at least one vote.

Animal Farm. I did like Continuum as a backup. I guess I'll have to see if I can find at least a partial copy of 2011 Scouts to watch, that was in my inactive years, but since it's doing so well here, it must be one I want to backfill.