Which is your favorite 9th place show of the decade?

Which is your favorite 9th place show of the decade?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your favorite 9th place DCI show of the 2010s?

• Behold (Cadets 2019)
    • Corps of Brothers (Madison Scouts 2013)
    • An English Folk Song Suite (Blue Knights 2011)
    • The Fall and Rise (Blue Knights 2018)
    • Game On (Cavaliers 2015)
    • Phantasm (Phantom Regiment 2017)
    • Reframed (Madison Scouts 2012)
    • La Reve (Blue Stars 2016)
    • Thy Kingdom Come (Boston Crusaders 2010)
    • Where the Heart Is (Blue Stars 2014)

The choices again are listed in alphabetical order by show title (no subtitles). I’m sure you’ll feel free to respond with comments about why you chose the show you did. If you wish to rank all ten shows, here they are again for easier copy/pasting:

Behold (Cadets 2019)

Corps of Brothers (Madison Scouts 2013)

An English Folk Song Suite (Blue Knights 2011)

The Fall and Rise (Blue Knights 2018)

Game On (Cavaliers 2015)

Phantasm (Phantom Regiment 2017)

Reframed (Madison Scouts 2012)

La Reve (Blue Stars 2016)

Thy Kingdom Come (Boston Crusaders 2010)

Where the Heart Is (Blue Stars 2014)

A new poll for each higher placement (and one special extra) will follow each day.

(And here's a link to the previous installment in this series.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Edit (9/8/19): And here are the results. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

32 -- Where the Heart Is (Blue Stars 2014)

21 -- Corps of Brothers (Madison Scouts 2013)

17 -- An English Folk Song Suite (Blue Knights 2011)

11 -- La Reve (Blue Stars 2016)

10 -- The Fall and Rise (Blue Knights 2018)

7 -- Reframed (Madison Scouts 2012)

5 -- Game On (Cavaliers 2015)

4 -- Thy Kingdom Come (Boston Crusaders 2010)

2 -- Phantasm (Phantom Regiment 2017)

1 -- Behold (Cadets 2019)

(110 votes total)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

“Where the Heart Is” was an amazing feel good show. This is my favorite Blue Stars show of the past decade.

I always thought the next BS show should have been the “Break Up” show, where the couple fought for possession of the house and the old school BS uniform. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Madison Scouts Corps of Brothers.

HM for English Folk Song Suite.

Not into the 9th place shows as much as the other places.

Edited by ThePlanets

Where the Heart is.   This show grew on me through the season and by season's end, along with BK's show that year, were the emotional tugs of the night.   The guard that year was PHENOMENAL.  I think they placed 4th on finals night.  

Honorable mention to Game On.  That show was better than its placement.  That was the year the Cavies got a the ick bug and had to miss some shows.  The development of Game On never got entirely finished it seemed.

• Like 1

The Fall and Rise (Blue Knights 2018)

Why? I just always like their music. Also, they were visually "spot on". In past years whenever I've listened to Rite of Spring at home, in my head I always pictured people in purple and gold striped pajamas pushing pyramids around a green field. 

• Like 2

I have to give it to The Cavaliers "Game On".  This was the year that took out over a third of the corps late in the year.  We hosted them and did our best to help them get well.  They arrived with 38 that we quarantined in a separate gym.  They were able to leave with only 8 still in tough shape.  The fact the "Men in Green" came back and were able to perform in the Final week gives them the win for 9th place voting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I have to give it to The Cavaliers "Game On".  This was the year that took out over a third of the corps late in the year.  We hosted them and did our best to help them get well.  They arrived with 38 that we quarantined in a separate gym.  They were able to leave with only 8 still in tough shape.  The fact the "Men in Green" came back and were able to perform in the Final week gives them the win for 9th place voting.

We went to the Night Beats show at Wake Forest, and they were absent. That was a tough break.

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

“Where the Heart Is” was an amazing feel good show. This is my favorite Blue Stars show of the past decade.

I always thought the next BS show should have been the “Break Up” show, where the couple fought for possession of the house and the old school BS uniform. 

Was this the moving show ?

A surprising amount of variability in "appeal" compared to 10th - 12th.  As @ThePlanets said, not really into a lot of these shows (Behold, Game On, Phantasm, The Fall and Rise) and really have no opinion on others (La Reve, Where the Heart Is).  I went with Folk Song Suite because I liked that show a LOT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onionhead said:

Was this the moving show ?

Yup. And it was a very moving show for me!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2