2019.... were there any chill moments for you ?

3 hours ago, onionhead said:

Phantom's show moved me the first time I saw it at the theater, I'm glad they made it to finals, but I wish it wasn't at Spirit's expense. 

IMO, making the top 12 should have been the least of Spirit's worries, as they should be breathing a sigh of relief that finals week ended when it did. That amazing corps from Diamond Bar CA was running them down at an alarming rate. Another night or two, SOA could have found themselves in 14th. And i loved Spirit's show. Pacific Crest just put alot of corps on notice for next year. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, onionhead said:

For me, my chills moment came when Madison marched onto the field.

Same here.

• Like 3

The Cavaliers ballad and black bird were the two moments I always made sure I didn’t miss. No matter how many times I watched it, it’s still impacted me.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

BK’s first percussion entrance. The hair on my arms basically stood up throughout the entire show. It was an emotional juggernaut. 

Same. When I first saw/heard it, at the Memorial Day show-and-tell, it sounded as if someone had lit a fuse on a stick of dynamite. Then, POW

Others:

The sight of Cavies' rifles flying through the air at the end of their show

The supernova circle of Blue Stars hit in Frozen

BD's trademark swirl

Cadets' 10-minute tenor feature

More BK: All the negative aural space and pure artistry of Hurt. The battery echoes from stage right were just enormously effective. And Daniel Belcher conducting Liquid; what a gas.

The way Crown brought it, and brought it, and brought it through their entire closer. Hugely satisfying payoff.

Bluecoats' long, long decrescendo off their first hit. Sooo musical. 

Scouts' tumbling blocks down to the sideline on stage left. 

Savannah Light taking charge of the Troopers. She's, like, 5 feet high, and Ten Feet Tall.

The duet in Gabriel's Oboe.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

The Cavaliers ballad and black bird were the two moments I always made sure I didn’t miss. No matter how many times I watched it, it’s still impacted me.

Me, too. Add to these two the Crown soloists and Madison’s Friday field entrance.

• Like 2

Eyeliner, purple hair, PJs, “ME ME ME ME!!!” and no Aussies made my blood run cold. :unsure:  Sorry, not drinkin’ the Koolaid. 

Chill moment: the camera watching the Crossmen DM slowly enter the field, and hearing all the bando boys in the theater audience gasp. Two minutes later they show the DM on the podium, and the bando boys who didn’t know the Valhalla caller & DM were one & the same gasped again, this time louder (“OMG, I thought that was a *guard* person..!!”)

• Like 1