2019.... were there any chill moments for you ?

25 minutes ago, TRacer said:

Eyeliner, purple hair, PJs, “ME ME ME ME!!!” and no Aussies made my blood run cold. :unsure:  Sorry, not drinkin’ the Koolaid. 

Chill moment: the camera watching the Crossmen DM slowly enter the field, and hearing all the bando boys in the theater audience gasp. Two minutes later they show the DM on the podium, and the bando boys who didn’t know the Valhalla caller & DM were one & the same gasped again, this time louder (“OMG, I thought that was a *guard* person..!!”)

So out of the fifteen corps in the theater broadcast you weren’t moved by anything? Sad. Maybe it’s time to move on. 

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

So out of the fifteen corps in the theater broadcast you weren’t moved by anything? Sad. Maybe it’s time to move on. 

As indicated in my post I liked the dramatic entrance by the Xmens DM (and the audience reaction around me.) Movement I of Blue Stars was cool as well. There, satisfied???  

We now return you to our regularly scheduled DCP programming. My son has two more years to make it 8 DCI seasons, and he’s already indicated that he wants to return to Blue Stars in 2020 after the energy of their performance at 2019 Finals. Maybe I’ll move on after his age out in 2021, who knows. 

Edited by TRacer

A few of the moments from DCI 2019 that gave me chills:

Blue Devils romantic ballad... those sonorous, sustained chords... those big, exposed guard moments... so much raw emotion. 

Carolina Crown's high velocity marching and playing in the closer, the sustained company front, and the crown set on the last note... such incredible dynamism and power. 

Cavaliers rifles firing off in all directions at the end of their show and the collapse onto the ground of the whole corps with the sound of the train passing... so intense and climactic. 

Blue Knights rotating battery circles at the beginning of their opener... just mesmerizing, and sets the mood so perfectly for their show. 

• Like 3

On 8/22/2019 at 1:58 PM, Chief Guns said:

IMO, making the top 12 should have been the least of Spirit's worries, as they should be breathing a sigh of relief that finals week ended when it did. That amazing corps from Diamond Bar CA was running them down at an alarming rate. Another night or two, SOA could have found themselves in 14th. And i loved Spirit's show. Pacific Crest just put alot of corps on notice for next year. 

The last two years PC has improved leaps and bounds, this year was incredible , can’t wait for next year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Mine?  The moment my daughter walked on the field in semifinals, looked up into the stands and recognized that her brother was in the stadium.  Connor had never seen her march corps in all of her 4 years ... and he flew from Boston to see her age-out and surprised her that night in the stadium.  As you can see, she was quite surprised ... and it really made a great ending to her four year career.

DRETz7o.jpg?1

If BlueStarsDad post above doesn't get a minimum of 20 likes, there is something seriously wrong with this forum, and we all need to get our lives together. BlueStarsDad...........SALUTE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1