Seattle Cascades Director resigned

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

artistic differences is a catch-all phrase designers/instructors/techs often use in such situations.  Let's wish the man and the corps well for future days.

"Artistic Differences" was the name of my last band. In retrospect, not the world's best idea unless you love foreshadowing.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my guess is they disagreed about something and decided to part ways. wording to make it sound amicable may have been used even if it wasn't amicable.

There's always 3 sides to every story...theirs, yours and the truth is usually in the middle

I know the director, fmr director...my former instructor 25 years ago. he will explain in due time. Meanwhile we should all just chill. He's a good dude, with a great heart

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BrassTeacher said:

How about this: Let Tommy have his privacy. 

He posted it publicly, if he wanted privacy, why would that be done?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Let's try it this way:

He made public what he wanted public. Anyone other than Tommy or the BoD has no reason to know any more than that. In other words, anything other than what he chose to share is his business. It is not the function of any third party to make uneducated guesses, especially ones that could damage the reputation or image of either party involved.

I will point out something I pointed out around this time last year when someone came after me on this forum, someone not involved, with no real information on the subject: These are real human beings you are talking about, with real lives. So the same respect you would want shown to you.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, tesmusic said:

It takes time to write something well and make sure the explanation is accurate, not open to misinterpretation, and if indeed amicable, one that maintains that respect. Sitting and not firing off the cuff is the best move to get that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrassTeacher said:

Let's try it this way:

He made public what he wanted public. Anyone other than Tommy or the BoD has no reason to know any more than that. In other words, anything other than what he chose to share is his business. It is not the function of any third party to make uneducated guesses, especially ones that could damage the reputation or image of either party involved.

I will point out something I pointed out around this time last year when someone came after me on this forum, someone not involved, with no real information on the subject: These are real human beings you are talking about, with real lives. So the same respect you would want shown to you.

Let’s try this though...he PUBLICLY posted what he did, which opens the possibility and likelihood of discussion, and that’s OK because people ARE free to discuss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigW said:

It takes time to write something well and make sure the explanation is accurate, not open to misinterpretation, and if indeed amicable, one that maintains that respect. Sitting and not firing off the cuff is the best move to get that.

Still doesn’t mean people can’t comment and discuss.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Yeah, I think people want some salacious explanation now with each resignation since “so and so” and “what’s his name”. 

Well, with all the dirty laundry aired in the last ~16 months, plus the belief by some that there is more still being actively suppressed, potential salacious explanations are not an unreasonable conclusion.

This is what to expect when DCI has not been completely transparent and applies different standards of conduct to different Corps, Corps directors, & instructors

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Well, with all the dirty laundry aired in the last ~16 months, plus the belief by some that there is more still being actively suppressed, potential salacious explanations are not an unreasonable conclusion.

This is what to expect when DCI has not been completely transparent and applies different standards of conduct to different Corps, Corps directors, & instructors

That’s true.  People are always looking for something sinister even when there probably isn’t anything much to it. Maybe it’s just a difference in opinion about the direction of the corps or something innocuous like that.  

We’re now conditioned to think the worst.  Sad.  I know people don’t mean to be that way. 

• Like 5