500 Internal Server Error

cixelsyd

For several hours now, whenever I try to post to the thread "It is time for the business of the activity to evolve", I get a 500 internal server error.  Try that too many times, and I lose access to the whole site for 30-60 minutes.  Yet I can post to other threads without difficulty.

• 11 months later...

Been getting these for a while now in the 2002 season review thread too.  Same as above - you get it 4-5 times, then lose access to the site.  I wondered if it was because I was posting my 10-million word essay on the season - is there a character limit for posts?

Mike

A couple years ago, I had this happen to me when I tried to post Bushwackers' rep during DCA championships. It turns out one of the words in the rep was also a SQL command, which is the backend of the forums. The site doesn't allow SQL commands in posts because they could be potential hacking attempts. Since I didn't know what was happening, I tried to post about 4-5 times, which led to my getting locked out of the site.

If you want to email your post text to me (editor@dcpnews.com), I can review it and let you know if I see anything SQL-esque in them, but I bet that's what is happening.

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
On 8/20/2020 at 5:27 PM, kevingamin said:

A couple years ago, I had this happen to me when I tried to post Bushwackers' rep during DCA championships. It turns out one of the words in the rep was also a SQL command, which is the backend of the forums. The site doesn't allow SQL commands in posts because they could be potential hacking attempts. Since I didn't know what was happening, I tried to post about 4-5 times, which led to my getting locked out of the site.

If you want to email your post text to me (editor@dcpnews.com), I can review it and let you know if I see anything SQL-esque in them, but I bet that's what is happening.

Is this offer still up for grabs? I'm facing a similar issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 1:01 PM, happycomposer said:

Is this offer still up for grabs? I'm facing a similar issue.

You were the one who emailed me, right? I actually haven’t been in the forums recently, so I hope I was able to answer your questions via that email.