DCA-O-Rama This Weekend

Three shows on the DCA schedule this weekend to close out the regular season.

Saturday... the Buccaneers' "Big Sounds in Motion" show in Reading, PA: Buccaneers, Bushwackers, White Sabers, Fusion Core, Skyliners. Exhibition by Buccaneers Alumni.

Also Saturday... "Thunder in the Valley" sponsored by the CT Hurricanes, in Seymour, CT:  Hurricanes, Caballeros, Sunrisers. Plus several exhibitions.

Sunday.... "Southern Showdown" sponsored by Atlanta CV, in Hiram, GA: Atlanta CV, Southern Knights.

Edited by Fran Haring

I'm guessing we all pretty much know which corps will win these shows.  LOL.

But it will be interesting to see how everyone else stacks up.

For one thing, Skyliners have a golden opportunity to post a strong number in Class A. And we'll at least have a ballpark idea of where CV fits in... perhaps up there with Bucs and Cabs?

I'll be at Seymour, hawking Cabs' swag, as always. Nice to have a show three miles from home!

Oh, and GO CABS! RELEASE THE BULL!!!!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

I'll be at Seymour, hawking Cabs' swag, as always. Nice to have a show three miles from home!

Oh, and GO CABS! RELEASE THE BULL!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you car thanks you for this weekend!!!   LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

I'm sure you car thanks you for this weekend!!!   LOL

A nice easy weekend for her before Billtown, yes sir. 20 month old car, thanks to drum corps, just passed 50K miles today. Good thing I know how to get 250K+ outta my ride!

Edited by grenadasmoothie

Just now, grenadasmoothie said:

A nice easy weekend for her before Billtown, yes sir.

Heh... Brenda's in Seymour with Cabs Alumni, while the Reading show is something like a half-hour from her house. Go figure.  :laughing:

9 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Heh... Brenda's in Seymour with Cabs Alumni, while the Reading show is something like a half-hour from her house. Go figure.  :laughing:

Ugh.

But SOMEBODY has to go to the CT show. Hurricanes only had that show date for, what, three decades before the Reading show started?

So it sounds like you're not going with her? Bummer 😕

Edited by grenadasmoothie

18 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Ugh.

But SOMEBODY has to go to the CT show. Hurricanes only had that show date for, what, three decades before the Reading show started?

So it sounds like you're not going with her? Bummer 😕

Nope... sitting this one out. I'll be home watching college football, this weekend and next.

Have fun, and go Cabs!!!

I hear ya... the CT show has been a fixture for a long, long time.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Why DCA didn't make one more corps go to Connecticut is beyond me. 5 in PA, 3 in CT. Not smart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBD said:

Why DCA didn't make one more corps go to Connecticut is beyond me. 5 in PA, 3 in CT. Not smart.

And dumber yet...only two corps at the Southern “Showdown” (sic).  But hey, who knows?  Perhaps CV will use the last score of the season, to post the high score of the season!

• Like 3