Which is your favorite 6th place show of the decade?

Which is your favorite 6th place show of the decade?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your favorite 6th place DCI show of the 2010s?

• Awakening (Cadets 2016)
    • Because (Blue Knights 2015)
    • The Devil’s Staircase (Santa Clara Vanguard 2011)
    • Goliath (Boston Crusaders 2019)
    • Immortal (Cavaliers 2014)
    • Into the Light (Phantom Regiment 2010)
    • On Madness and Creativity (Cavaliers 2018)
    • Triumphant Journey (Phantom Regiment 2013)
    • UnMasqued (Bluecoats 2012)
    • Wicked Games (Boston Crusaders 2017)

Easiest one yet! (well, Drum Corpse Bride was also pretty easy)

If by some chance you missed Phantom 2010, go and watch it now. It's truly one of the gems of the past decade. One of the best storytelling shows ever, despite the fact that it didn't use any props, voice, narration, characters or any of the other standard tropes of DCI storytelling.

• Like 2

SO many good shows that season. To me though, Into The Light was the most underrated show I've seen to date (since 1984.) Just a stunning show. 

8 hours ago, ShortAndFast said:

If by some chance you missed Phantom 2010, go and watch it now. It's truly one of the gems of the past decade. One of the best storytelling shows ever, despite the fact that it didn't use any props, voice, narration, characters or any of the other standard tropes of DCI storytelling.

Great show. Definitely my husband's favorite 6th place. He listens to PR 10/11 ALL THE TIME. 

8 hours ago, ShortAndFast said:

I mean it technically did have 2 characters (the soloist, and the corps) 

This one is difficult. There were some truly excellent 6th place shows over the last 10 years. 

I figured Phantom Regiment's "Into The Light" would get the nod with most, and for good reason. Fantastic design and uplifting music, Phantom style. However, I went with The Cavaliers "Immortal" show of 2014. The staging, story, imaginative use of props and costumes, and the music all come together to create a truly entertaining show. Seamless construction in my opinion.

1.The Cavaliers 2014 - Immortal 

2.Phantom Regiment 2010 - Into The Light

3. Boston Crusaders 2017 - Wicked Games

4. Phantom Regiment 2013 - Triumphant Journey

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I went with The Cavaliers "Immortal" show of 2014. The staging, story, imaginative use of props and costumes, and the music all come together to create a truly entertaining show. Seamless construction in my opinion.

I can think of only two vampire shows: that one and Glassmen's "My Mortal Beloved" from 2011. Any others come to mind?

• Like 1

One of Will Pitts's best comments as a DCI cinema personality was when he referred to the mirrors in BK's "Because" show as "anti-props".