U of Florida Band Director assaulted for trying to prevent someone from breaking ranks.

22 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I've actually written about both especially after the news came out that the incident in FL did include the perp being the aggressor. I guess you read and comprehend what you want to hear and dismiss things that don't fit your narrative. 

Oh get your off your high horse or grow a thicker skin.. like I’m supposed to remember everything in 120+ posts... 

seriously if you had stopped at the first sentence I would have accepted my mistake and moved on. But nope you had to get snotty with the second sentence 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I've actually written about both especially after the news came out that the incident in FL did include the perp being the aggressor. I guess you read and comprehend what you want to hear and dismiss things that don't fit your narrative. 

I appreciate that you've had to reiterate your position here several times but, as you know, Old Pharts forget stuff a lot and easily.

"Where are my glasses?"  "What time is my appointment?"  "What did Spatzzz say 76 posts ago?"

You know, everyday stuff like that.  Just you wait - you'll get old and forgetful, too, and the youngins will try to put you in a Memory Care facility if you forget your kids' names just one more time.  

(/sarcasm)

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, garfield said:

I appreciate that you've had to reiterate your position here several times but, as you know, Old Pharts forget stuff a lot and easily.

"Where are my glasses?"  "What time is my appointment?"  "What did Spatzzz say 76 posts ago?"

You know, everyday stuff like that.  Just you wait - you'll get old and forgetful, too, and the youngins will try to put you in a Memory Care facility if you forget your kids' names just one more time.  

(/sarcasm)

60+ and couple months from retirement here..

more like where did I put the rest of my brain cells anymore lol

and olde phartes get grumpy too... 👹

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Fake Newz :lol:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, garfield said:

(/sarcasm)

And to quote the can cozy sitting on my desk...

“60 is the new... what was I saying again?”

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

What straw-man? I have over and over again stated the same thing. I even stated that the original article DID NOT provide detail around to exact actions of the person cutting in line and have over and over again separated this particular incident from the generic "rank breaking" issue as a whole. You seem to just want to argue because, well I don't know why I guess being aggressive and argumentative is in your nature.

I'll say it over and over and I don't give a flip what you or the rest of you old pharts say. If someone is attempting to break rank and it is obvious they are not being malicious about it or have a clue that it is wrong it IS NOT NOR SHOULD IT EVER BE a reason for people to get physical. If you think otherwise you are part of the problem.

Do you have additional things completely unrelated to the topic you’d also like to discuss?  Now that you’ve known for a day what the actions of the person shoving their way through the band were, why do you continue to insist on changing the subject?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Do you have additional things completely unrelated to the topic you’d also like to discuss?  Now that you’ve known for a day what the actions of the person shoving their way through the band were, why do you continue to insist on changing the subject?

Why is the more general topic of breaking ranks in various circumstances so inappropriate to the discussion of this one particular incident? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Since people refuse to actually read what I've written with any semblance of comprehension I'll restate it agin.

If someone that is oblivious that breaking ranks is even a thing and attempts to walk through a simple "please wait or walk around" usually works. If they continue it isn't worth getting into a physical altercation over.

If someone is being physical and belligerent when walking through and assaulting members then defending oneself and the group is ok.

Seeing the reaction by the old pharts brigade I can see exactly how and why the activity sunk into issues with member miss-treatment. The level of faux machoism and fake tough guy attitudes were pervasive back in the day to the detriment of the wellbeing of the members. 

Yup it's all obnoxious machismo and copious use of the phrases "snowflakes", "back in my day...", "Safe space", etc 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Why is the more general topic of breaking ranks in various circumstances so inappropriate to the discussion of this one particular incident? 

Because it doesn't fit into their narrative. They have to twist themselves in pretzels to excuse their poor past behavior. That and they like to tell the stories of "how they can throw a football over them mountains". 

Edited by Spatzzz
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

What straw-man? I have over and over again stated the same thing. I even stated that the original article DID NOT provide detail around to exact actions of the person cutting in line and have over and over again separated this particular incident from the generic "rank breaking" issue as a whole. You seem to just want to argue because, well I don't know why I guess being aggressive and argumentative is in your nature.

I'll say it over and over and I don't give a flip what you or the rest of you old pharts say. If someone is attempting to break rank and it is obvious they are not being malicious about it or have a clue that it is wrong it IS NOT NOR SHOULD IT EVER BE a reason for people to get physical. If you think otherwise you are part of the problem.

Image result for lighten up francis gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1