U of Florida Band Director assaulted for trying to prevent someone from breaking ranks.

14 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

What if I told you the “rank breaker” was physically assaulting the band members on the way through. What’s the correct response to that scenario?  Because according to the affidavit I read, that’s what happened. No wonder the band director tried to stop it. 

Any rank breaking is harassment whether intended or not. Harassment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Your response is Dumber. Really, cut though a line? Do you shove and cut through people all the time and expect everyone to respect your manners? Obviously, you're a pretty callous, mannerless, and utterly disrespectful individual by nature. Good luck when someone shoves you back when you shove your way past someone in the Wal-Mart. Are you the guy who shoved the director or just a U-Miami fan? That might explain it too.

Could be.

Hey some culture's don't do lines. Try standing in line and trying to have order in China. It is a massive fiasco. No line ups for anything , its operation chaos / mayhem all the time. 

48 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

All of my posts had to do with rank breakers and not being physically assaulted. Again please read with comprehension before responding. Defending oneself from assault is very different than initiating a physical confrontation because someone that is uninformed attempts to break ranks. Try to separate those two.

Sounds like you have band PTSD....seek professional help now.

people with PTSD feel like you are breaking their RANKS! :sarcasm:

33 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

What if I told you the “rank breaker” was physically assaulting the band members on the way through. What’s the correct response to that scenario?  Because according to the affidavit I read, that’s what happened. No wonder the band director tried to stop it. 

Did you read what I stated earlier about being physically assaulted?

For the 10th time in this thread. 

If someone tries to break rank ask them to wait or go around. If they refuse it is NOT WORTH IT TO INITIATE A PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION OVER IT. IT'S JUST BAND.

If you are being assaulted you have every right to defend yourself.

I have not seen an affidavit posted on this incident anywhere.

Edited by Spatzzz
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, BigW said:

Any rank breaking is harassment whether intended or not. Harassment.

No it isn't especially for band. If you are the type of person that wants to get physical over someone breaking ranks in band you need to get as far away from the activity as possible and please for the love of all that is holy don't tell me you actually teach.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, E3D said:

Could be.

Hey some culture's don't do lines. Try standing in line and trying to have order in China. It is a massive fiasco. No line ups for anything , its operation chaos / mayhem all the time. 

So, you're justifying this through a cultural excuse? Really? How about cutting through a line of Marines? Part of this is that there's a perception that there will be no consequences for one's rudeness/harrassment. It's why these people do it. It's bullying. Not some cultural excuse.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Did you read what I stated earlier about being physically assaulted?

For the 10th time in this thread. 

If someone tries to break rank ask them to wait or go around. If they refuse it is NOT WORTH IT TO INITIATE A PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION OVER IT. IT'S JUST BAND.

If you are being assaulted you have every right to defend yourself.

I have not seen an affidavit posted on this incident anywhere.

You got that right. 

2 minutes ago, BigW said:

So, you're justifying this through a cultural excuse? Really? How about cutting through a line of Marines? Part of this is that there's a perception that there will be no consequences for one's rudeness/harrassment. It's why these people do it. It's bullying. Not some cultural excuse.

Nah Nah. I'm on your side of the discussion. I was being really sarcastic or trying to do so. 

I was just trying to say,,,,imagine if they were from China. 

They would do the weave on the ranks. 

And I brought up the USMC earlier in the thread. If you even looked like you wanted to break our ranks..... ummm errrrr. it would not turn out well for them if they insisted. :giljotiini:

Edited by E3D

Just now, Spatzzz said:

No it isn't especially for band. If you are the type of person that wants to get physical over someone breaking ranks in band you need to get as far away from the activity as possible and please for the love of all that is holy don't tell me you actually teach.

It is. You must also think it would be okay to cut through a line of the Commondant's  Own while they're going from point A to point B. You know, I have even less respect for you now. I'll consider your comments 'fighting words'. You're a bully looking for a fight. I won't put up with the likes of you anymore. the line's been drawn, pal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, E3D said:

Nah Nah. I'm on your side of the discussion. I was being really sarcastic or trying to do so. 

I was just trying to say,,,,imagine if they were from China. 

They would do the weave on the ranks. 

And I brought up the USMC earlier in the thread. If you even looked like you wanted to break our ranks..... ummm errrrr. it would not turn out well for them if they insisted. :giljotiini:

Exactly. People pull this because they know there will be no consequence. They can bully and pick on the band all they want. They know nothing will happen.

• Haha 1