2019 DCA Prelims And Alumni Schedule

So each alumni corps gets a 25-minute block, as opposed to an 18-minute block for each corps last year. And there's one more group this year.

Thus a show that last year ran from 10 a.m. to 12:42 p.m. this year runs from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Without an intermission.

Anyway, here it is:

10:00am                     Tri-Valley Brass

10:25am                     Reilly Raiders

10:50am                     Brigadiers Alumni

11:15am                     Mighty St. Joe’s Alumni

11:40am                     Freelancers Alumni

12:05pm                     Skyliners Alumni

12:30pm                     Crusaders Senior

12:55pm                     Hamburg Kingsmen

1:20pm                       Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni

1:45pm                       Special Exhibition by the Free Players

21 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So each alumni corps gets a 25-minute block, as opposed to an 18-minute block for each corps last year. And there's one more group this year.

Thus a show that last year ran from 10 a.m. to 12:42 p.m. this year runs from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Without an intermission.

Anyway, here it is:

What time do doors open for Finals? Over an hour less time to get back to hotel to change and grab a bite. Had that problem in Rochester...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Without an intermission.

Anyway, here it is:

The alumni indoor concerts I've worked over the years in the spring months... some corps use the full time slot, some use less.

And the days of corps going over the limit are, thankfully, mostly in the past. Apparently, they've all learned the value of a stopwatch at a rehearsal runthrough. :tongue:

Man... several years ago, a few corps really abused the privilege.  I enjoy alumni corps, but I really don't want to hear any of them playing for 30-35 minutes.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

The alumni indoor concerts I've worked over the years in the spring months... some corps use the full time slot, some use less.

And the days of corps going over the limit are, thankfully, mostly in the past. Apparently, they've all learned the value of a stopwatch at a rehearsal runthrough. :tongue:

Man... several years ago, a few corps really abused the privilege.  I enjoy alumni corps, but I really don't want to hear any of them playing for 30-35 minutes.  LOL.

Won’t say the corps but had that BITD with one of the early Forum shows. It was minutes long history of the corps in between numbers. Just remember Larry saying “that was a nice 10 minute show 😊 that took 25 minutes 😫

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

That’s why I stopped going.

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What time do doors open for Finals? Over an hour less time to get back to hotel to change and grab a bite. Had that problem in Rochester...

finals starts at 6

13 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

25 minutes? that's simply holding people musical hostage.  Its going to turn into loads of time getting on and off the field.  Which will mean for a very long boring day. 

6 hours ago, C.Holland said:

25 minutes? that's simply holding people musical hostage.  Its going to turn into loads of time getting on and off the field.  Which will mean for a very long boring day. 

Field or floor? (I thought someone said the alumni show was inside this year?)

34 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Field or floor? (I thought someone said the alumni show was inside this year?)

Either floor or stage. Yes, indoors.