What are your 12 favorite non-finalist shows of the 2010s?

Here goes:

2010 Troopers "Wanted"

2011 Teal Sound "Sinvitation 7"

2012 Jersey Surf "Bridgemania"

2013 Troopers "Magnificent 11"

2014 Colts "Dark Side of the Rainbow"

2015 Academy "A Step in Time"

2016 Oregon Crusaders "Hunted"

2017 Seattle Cascades "Set Free"

2018 Music City Miracle "Hell on Wheels"

2019 Pacific Crest "Everglow"

Edited by martin84
  • Like 1

I'll go with recent times and bubble corps that should or maybe shouldn't have made finals if that's OK. As we know from other threads, we seniors have a tough time recalling and comprehending what we had for breakfast pre-this morning. 

2019 :

Colts, Madison, Pacific Crest 

2018:

Madison, SCVC 

2017:

Mandarins, Academy - in fact all years Academy didn't make finals in the last 5 or 6 years. 

Off the top of my head:

Blue Stars - Blue World, should have made finals but they needed just a few more hours of intensive rehearsal on that great Myron Rosander drill (RIP).

OC - the southern death trip show. I forget the title. 

OC - Dreaming in Color

Vanguard Cadets - Becoming Vanguard

Colts - All of them, Katie.

Troopers - The Road Home, Duels and Duets - hated the tarps but absolutely loved the transition from the tango into Nessun  Dorma.

There’s so many more but those are a few right off the top of my head. 

It's hard to rank so I'll just list 12: 

The Bridge Between (Academy 2019)

Dark Side of the Rainbow (Colts 2014)

Everglow (Pacific Crest 2019)

Left of Spring (Academy 2012)

Magnificent 11 (Troopers 2013)

My Mortal Beloved (Glassmen 2011)

nevermore (Oregon Crusaders 2014)

Renewal (Crossmen 2011)

The Spectrum (Pacific Crest 2012)

Wild Horses (Troopers 2015)

Vanity Fair (Academy 2014)

Glassworks (Glassmen 2012)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

OC - the southern death trip show. I forget the title.

I think that's "My Heart, My Battle, My Soul" (2013), their first year in World Class.

• Like 1

The placeholder posts on the first page of this thread have now been populated with three (multi-post) lists: (1) every non-Finalist show listed alphabetically, every 13th-25th place* show ordered alphabetically, (2) every show ranked 26th or below* at championships ordered by corps, (3) and every show that wasn't at championships but did receive a DCI score at some point during the season (mostly corps from western states), ordered by year.

*Note that in 2010, Open Class corps did not appear in World Class Prelims, so there were only 23 corps ranked in World Class that year.

The task of generating all these lists was made easier thanks to the existence of Drum Corps Xperience (formerly CorpsReps), an incredibly useful site.

A reminder that if you list more than twelve corps, only the first twelve in your post will be counted when tabulating.

Here, tentatively, is my own list of favorites, subject to change as I continue to ponder:

Magnificent 11 -- Troopers 2013

Everglow -- Pacific Crest 2019

To the Moon -- Blue Devils B 2016

Boundaries -- Colts 2012

Dreaming in Color -- Oregon Crusaders 2012

Experiment X -- Spartans 2019

Bridgemania -- Jersey Surf 2012

Heroes and Legends -- Vanguard Cadets 2012

Hell Hath No Fury -- Genesis 2016

Tribe -- Music City 2017

Intergalactic -- Seattle Cascades 2015

The Climb -- Legends 2015

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

For reference, here is every non-Finalist DCI show, 2010-19, alphabetically (R-Z):

Radioactive (Guardians 2016) ..... The Raven (Raiders 2013) ..... (RE) (Academy 2011) ..... Re-Calling (Blue Devils B 2019) ..... Red (Colt Cadets 2013) ..... Redemption (Louisiana Stars 2018) ..... Redrum (Oregon Crusaders 2018) ..... Reel to Real (Gold 2011) ..... Reflections (Thunder 2012) ..... Renewal (Crossmen 2011) ..... Renewal (Spartans 2012) ..... The Resurrection (Thunder 2010) ..... Resurrection (Racine Scouts 2011) ..... Resurrection (Mandarins 2015) ..... RetroVertigo (Genesis 2018) ..... Ride! (Revolution 2011) ..... Rituals (Thunder 2013) ..... A River Runs Through It (Columbians 2013) ..... River Sounds (Music City 2010) ..... The River's Edge (Colt Cadets 2017) ..... The Road Home (Troopers 2011) ..... The Road Not Taken (Vanguard Cadets 2014) ..... Route 66 (Blue Devils C 2013) ..... Ruins (Legends 2010) ..... Run to You (Battalion 2016)

Looks like a common theme there.