ABSENTEE VOTING FOR ANNUAL B.O.D. ELECTION

Strikes me as odd that a current world class dci member corps executive director is gathering in absentee votes

to be used by him for the election of open BOD seats. As a general rule when this action is undertaken it implies

a level of tension regarding the current management and future outlook of an organization. Can't help thinking

that a controlled BOD isn't the best way of exploring opportunities and continued stability. I have witnessed this

situation first hand regarding a homeowner association and it wasn't pretty to say to least. Hoping the people

involved can seek solutions concerning their various views of what's best for their corps.

• Haha 1

I'm sorry, what? 

Are we talking about the Lion King?

Sorry, had to guess based off your username since you didn't give much else to work with 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ummm...

If you’re actually concerned and want something to be done, you should not be so vague.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, leanlion said:

Strikes me as odd that a current world class dci member corps executive director is gathering in absentee votes

to be used by him for the election of open BOD seats. As a general rule when this action is undertaken it implies

a level of tension regarding the current management and future outlook of an organization. Can't help thinking

that a controlled BOD isn't the best way of exploring opportunities and continued stability. I have witnessed this

situation first hand regarding a homeowner association and it wasn't pretty to say to least. Hoping the people

involved can seek solutions concerning their various views of what's best for their corps.

Are you saying that the shareholders (representatives of the member corps) should NOT be discussing and promoting candidates for the DCI Board of Directors, when that Board consists of individuals who are voted on BY the shareholders?

DCI's Board is shareholder/member elected. It's a private association, not a public office. The behavior you're describing sounds about what would be normal for an association BOD.

If you're discussing an individual corps' Board of Directors, then guess what, the same things apply: the members nominate and elect individuals they believe would help further the org's mission.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Ummm...

If you’re actually concerned and want something to be done, you should not be so vague.

I think what the OP is saying is that it is strange that someone in DCI (who is not us), is doing something regarding elections which may be irregular depending on your view of the situation and requisite rules, and in any case might not be the most beneficial thing to be done in his opinion. 

name names and offer up supporting documentation

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kkrepps said:

I think what the OP is saying is that it is strange that someone in DCI (who is not us), is doing something regarding elections which may be irregular depending on your view of the situation and requisite rules, and in any case might not be the most beneficial thing to be done in his opinion. 

I realize that, but if the person wants help the situation, he or she did it wrong.

What if someone did something and it caused something to happen?  What would you think?  And would you do anything to cause something to happen because of it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1